Thursday, March 30, 2006

Goodbye Friends

Tomorrow after work my brother and I will be leaving for our Cumberland Island backpacking trip. I am so excited! I just hope I haven't left out anything vital. Usually, I wouldn't sweat anything like that, but there are no stores on the island. It's sort of like being on a deserted island, in a way.

I have been frantically packing my backpack tonight. I thought I had it all together and then I'd remember one more thing. My pack is so heavy! It's all that friggin' water I'll be lugging. Unfortunately, that is something I will need for sure so there's no cutting out pounds or even ounces in that department. I have cut a few "luxuries" out, though.

I have all the trails I want to see mapped out. We will be walking MANY miles before those 3 days are over. It's a true test of the effectiveness of my Hotness Plan, I guess. (Hope I don't fail!) :)

The only thing I am really worried about is running across a snake. Most of you know about that uncontrollable, unreasonable, and psychotic fear of mine. If I could change one thing about myself it would be that paralyzing fear of mine! It's hard to be so outdoorsy with those wretched reptiles around!

Anyway, I can't wait to post some pictures of the trip! It's such a unique and beautiful place. It's also full of history. (Another one of my favorite things!)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I should be back home Monday night. Until next time... Bye!

7 comments:

yrautca said...

We will miss you. I hope you have a great adventure. Sorry I couldnt tell ya how to tame a snake. I am not into reptiles myself. You have to write a detailed blog about your adventure when you get back. Take care!

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Awww...thanks Y. I'll miss y'all, too. I am about to hit the hay now but thought I would stop by my blog first to see if anyone loved me. haha.

Of course, I'll post many details and pictures. Have a great weekend.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Hope your trips is fun! Keep hydrated and stay away from the snakes...

Scott said...

I am very jealous of your trip! Have a great weekend and take lots of great pictures. Look forward to seeing the photos when you get back.

Scott

luvwannabefree25 said...

Outdoorsy...by the time you read this I'll probably be on the ground in the middle east.. ugh!! I hope you had a fantastic time! I would love to do some camping this summer in the blueridge parkway.. what do you think? Be back in a month or so...
JD ;)

SS said...

If you want to get over your fear of snakes just come live here. There are lots of them at my house (see some of my old posts on the subject for proof) and you kind of have to get over it and move on with your life. Hubby is still really afraid of them though, but he does have enough courage to hack them to bits with a shovel. I know you could be that brave too =)

Anyway, that trip sounds really interesting. I love hiking so it sounds great. Can't wait to hear about it!

Tripchick said...

So I just talked to you in Virgina, you are an adventure girl. by the way I have finally updated myself of your blog. I miss our adventures of last year can't wait till summer. Call me maybe I will be flying maybe not. oh yeah remember my new blog check it out ok 2fastenseatbelt.