Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Hotness Plan

...Sigh... I've come to conclusion that it is time to once again kick my "Hotness Plan" into full swing again.

In late January 2005, I decided that I was going to lose weight. So I came up with my own weight loss plan and dubbed it my Hotness Plan. I ate foods lower in carbs, bought a Gazelle, and got into Pilates, Yoga, and jogs in the park. Guess what! It worked! I lost 35 pounds in 4 months. And it was so easy! I was never hungry, never deprived myself of food, and built up more endurance for all my outdoorsy activities. I felt great and was so proud of myself. But did I really achieve hotness status?... Weeelllll....Let me not be too hasty in claiming that title.

I haven't gained the weight back and I still exersize (lightly). I eat whatever I want, but throw in a few "weight maintenance" days in there from time to time, when I eat like a saint. It's worked. But then I began thinking that after the holidays how much better I could look and feel if I started back into my strict Hotness Plan. Why stay the same when I know I can improve and feel wonderful with a boost of effort?

I had a great motivation for becoming hot, too. In October, I won a cruise to the Bahamas that I have 18 months to take. And on my bathroom door hangs the cutest orange bikini as a reminder and inspiration. I bought that bikini 2 years ago at the end of summer when it was extremely cheap. Two years ago, I had no business thinking about wearing a bikini much less purchasing one! Now I am not only thinking about wearing it, but I am going to wear it. And I am going to wear it in the Bahamas! Yes, right after the holidays I vowed to kick the Hotness Plan into high gear and reach a smoking hotness that will turn every male's head in the Bahamas.

Then only 4 days after the New Year, I had that mishap with my ankle and it killed me to workout on the Gazelle or jog or walk or stand...Hell, it even hurt to sit! I have made great improvement since then and now is the time to reach for the hotness that I know I have within me. Tomorrow, I am going to the grocery store after work and my fridge and pantry will once again house lean meats, nuts, yogurt, vegetables, and fresh fruit. I will reinforce my ankle with an Ace bandage and jump on the Gazelle. I will once again religiously plop out my Yoga mat on the floor and pull out the Balance Ball and moan, groan, and curse along with my Pilates DVD.

In June (or sometime this summer), I will step out onto a sandy beach on Grand Bahama Island in a cute, orangey bikini and smile at all the men who can't take their eyes off me.

Then I will don my snorkeling gear and look like a big dork all over again.

6 comments:

SS said...

I asked for a Gazelle for Christmas but did not get one. Do they really work?

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Yes, SS. I would have to say that the Gazelle works (at least for me). I think because it is easy to stick with. (You almost forget that you are exercising if you put it in front of the TV! haha.) I would say it was a huge contributing factor in my 35 pound weight loss.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I've seen a few of your pics... I think you look pretty hot now...

But good luck anyway on the plan!

Lindsey said...

Girl I am right there with you! We have a weekly competion (check out the link "biggest loser" on my blog links) to see who can lose the most weight. I've been pretty much sucking lately but I really want to step it into high gear before my b-day in July.

Anonymous said...

You are already hot! YOu don't need to loose any weight. you look awesome as you are.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Awww...thanks RT and "anonymous" for the compliments. (Now I'm embarrassed)

And "anonymous", I am not really trying to lose more weight, just tone up more and feel better overall. I like to exercise and I just feel like I have slacked off too much.