Sunday, March 19, 2006

Atlanta Botanical Gardens

Best Friend had a short day in training today so I picked her up from her hotel and we went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. Rain has been threatening to fall all day today so it didn't seem like a great day for outdoors in the mountains.

I have been to the gardens before and it is a really beautiful place worth multiple visits. It's the perfect place to practice close-up photography or just photography in general. I realize that I have mentioned photography many times in my blogs, yet the only pictures that I have posted have been my "snap shot" photos to go along with stories. So I decided that I would post some of my more creative photos from the gardens...




I took this close-up because I thought the colors were so beautiful.






Love the misty Fuqua Orchid Center.








A cactus from the Desert Room of the Fuqua Conservatory.












Tulips are my absolute favorite flower!










Another shot of my tulips.







This little guy came out of the pond to meet me then he followed me along the walkway.








I made Best Friend pose for the camera.









Here's ME! I don't know why I am posting this one. I guess I am just trying to prove to everyone that I was there, too! :)

14 comments:

luvwannabefree25 said...

wow... beautiful pictures.. and those ladies are cuties too.. mmm... what kind of flower is the orange one? Wow ow wo wo ow... sweeeeet... ;)

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Thanks for the compliments, JD, but don't you think your a little too OLD to be checking out YOUNG chicks? Dirty old man! haha.

I don't remember the proper name for the orange flower but it was in the tulip family.

yrautca said...

Very nice pictures. Those flowers look lovely. Unfortunately I don’t remember whether I have been to the Botanical Gardens. Maybe next time I am there I will go. I may be in Atlanta next month or maybe in May. It all depends on what I am doing next.

Thanks for your message on my blog. I am still very sad but maybe will feel better later. how stupid can one get?

yrautca said...

oh btw, that 'Republican' comment on my blog earlier today was a joke (in sad times) and not meant to offend anyone. I dont know what your political views are but just wnated to make sure. Thank you again for your words.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Y...Puh-leeze! It would take way more than that to offend me. :)

The gardens are nice. Everything should be in full bloom next month or May if you get to come then.

And you're welcome. I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

hey julie! the tulips are pretty. where is the atl. botanical anyway?

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Hey... The ABG is located on Piedmont Ave. If you take I-85 South, get off on 14th St. Go left(away from the GT area) and take it until it ends on Piedmont. Take a left. It comes up shortly on your right. I think it's before Monroe Dr.

luvwannabefree25 said...

I'm an old, old, old...did I say old?... old man... at 103 I get all the looks I can before the cataracts win the battle!!! A little gene splice here.. some stem cells there...and I'm all good again... ;)

Anonymous said...

The photos of the flowers are so overwhelmingly beautiful, i actually teared up a little, you have such an eye for the natural beauty in nature.

Keshi said...

hey u look cute girl :)

That orange flower pic is absolutely magic! BEAUTIFUL!

Keshi.

SS said...

That first close-up pic is awesome! You should skip out on the teaching gig and become a professional photograoher.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Just added to 'must see' places next time I'm in Atlanta...

And I simply love your smile!

:)

tsduff said...

Stunning photos - especially the closeup orange one... You know how I love pictures :-D. Nice of you to post your pictures for all of us, including your own. Thanks!

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Thanks so much everyone for all your nice comments. Y'all are too sweet!

And Super Villain...that's the nicest compliment you have ever given me on my pics....Now, I'm tearing up...haha. ;)