Monday, May 01, 2006

Rocky Dreams

Rocky Dreams

His songs filled my mind with beautiful visions
The verses of wild beauty helped me form the decision
Before I had only visited in my dreams as I slept
Time had come to compare reality to the expectations I felt
I had read all the guide books and studied the maps
I pictured in my head mountains in snowcaps
With a plane ticket in my pocket, I knew I had to go
I had to stand in the place I knew I would love so
But nothing could have prepared me for that first glance
When I saw the mountains and the clouds around them dance
It seemed I already stood here on this familiar ground
As I stared out at the Rockies soaring all around
It was what I dreamed, yet even more
As I soaked in all these feelings to my very being’s core
I walked along lakes of the purest glacial blue
My toes felt the frosty touch of morning’s early dew
I lay beneath an Aspen grove swaying in the wind
And listened to clear waters meander through the river bend
I took it all in; I savored every taste
I breathed in every moment; time I did not waste
My senses were filled so that I perfectly etched
It all in my mind so that I could easily fetch
A true memory now that can be vividly redeemed
So when I close my eyes at night I know it’s more than a dream
I know this passion is real and that’s enough for now
But one day I’ll go back and find a way to stay somehow


These words have a story behind them and I wrote them from experience. I don't imagine that they make much sense to anyone else but I thought I'd post it anyway!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

.........it makes a lot of sense.......a lot of nonsense!! but all great poets have nonsensical poetry so be not offended at my remark.

Anonymous said...

by the way, it was I, the super villain who posted the first comment.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

SV...As if I couldn't figure that one out! I'd know your sincere insults anywhere.

Scott said...

Excellent stuff... i heart mountains.

Cheers,

Scott

Keshi said...

so beautiful girl!

Keshi.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Made perfect sense to me. It took me there for a moment... And it was beautiful.

SS said...

Oh, I've got get to the Rockies one day. This is so gorgeous =)

Anonymous said...

I must say it makes alot of sense girl!!...then again I feel like I know you already!!! you'll have to check out Uintah(s) sometime....a sibling to the rockies if you will.

'-)

tsduff said...

His songs really packed a wallop - and I miss him today. I think he immortalized the Rockies.

I've seen but a small portion of the Rockies, indeed, only on a quick drive through, not stopping to savor the experience other than to pick blueberries on a farm. I'm glad you got to go and surround yourself in them.

yrautca said...

Thats a beautiful poem. You express what you feel very well in your poems. You should publish!

The Grunt said...

Those are words that need no translation to me, because I live in the Rockies. Great stuff. Thanks for dropping by my blog, too.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»