Monday, May 15, 2006

Ready to go!

Wow! It's been a while since my last post! Who missed me?

Dry your tears...I'm back!

Do you ever have emotions stir inside of your mind and heart and sense that something huge is about to happen, but you cannot put your finger on the reason behind the feelings? I'm feeling like this right now.I can feel the excitement of the approaching summer. I don't know how to describe this feeling that is growing inside of me. I have this feeling that I am on the verge of something spectacular happening.

Going away for the summer to Utah and other realms of the Wild West is certainly the cause for my bliss. I have spent a summer there before, and it was the absolute best summer I ever had, but I feel like this time it's going to be different and even more exciting and fun, but I can't put my finger on the reason. I have this strong urge to do all the daring, adventurous, and fun things that I can possibly do. I feel unstoppable. Fearless. I feel very much alive today.

I have my list of things to pack written down. I think that I've picked out a departure day (June 3rd)and my benefits card from the airline that Best Friend works for just came in the mail today. I have been budgeting and re-budgeting my money. Everything is falling into place. I feel so ready to go.

I have 7 more days left with the kids at school and then 2 teacher work days. I can then declare having survived another year with children who seem to become less respectful, more wild, and worse behaved each passing year. To say the last month or so has been rough is the understatement of the year. After this summer, I know I will come back refreshed and ready to take on a new school year.

I have missed my "family" and "home" in Utah very much and I can't wait to be back. I can't wait to see the Wasatch Mountains as my backgroup, the sunset over Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake, the vibrancy and contrast of lush green and rugged rock in the Uintahs, to touch the red rocks of Moab, and to again take long walks with Best Friend and Goofball in the park and then settle down in the nice, humidity-free evening air on the front porch with Best Friend's Grandma and chatting until well after dark.

Ahhhhh. Yeah, I think I am ready.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, it's about friggin time you posted. anyhoo, i think this is just what the doctor ordered. I know Utah to you is what California is to me so I know you'll be revitalized once you get out there. Try to stay away from the mormons though, they're kinda weird. I know this b/c Punkass watches Big Love on HBO.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Have fun! I don't forget us left to slave thought the summer!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I think we'll have to throw a party for you! Oh and don't forget I have that wireless card for you to use so you can post on here while in Utah.

Scott said...

Sounds like it is going to be a great summer. Can't wait to hear about all of your good times this summer.

Scott

The Grunt said...

Far out! You'll have fun for sure.

yrautca said...

Seems you have some great plans for the summer. Wish we could all be so lucky.

Tai said...

Oooh, I love that breathless feeling of wonderful things in the works!
I'm so excited for you!

Keshi said...

aww I missed ya hun :)


Utah this time? WOW lucky u! Have fun girl!

Keshi.

SS said...

I really envy your "whole summer off" teacher gig (despite the disrespectful brats). I'm always having to scrimp time on my trips and save up vacation days to get there in the first place. Ahhh... You're pace sounds so much more relaxing!

Anonymous said...

first timer in this blog. looks nice. i like Utah. never been there. but have seen in tv countless times. but my favourite is the lush jungles and breezy shores of washington and oregon. (never been there too. :D)

tsduff said...

I'm ready to go with you! I love it when work is done, and it's time to travel/play/vacation/dream/LIVE.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»