Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hoping to see this again over the summer...

If someone were to ask me of the places I have visited which were my favorite states, Wyoming would be one of my answers. Wyoming? Yes, Wyoming! Pictures are worth a thousand words, so I'll let them explain away...





Outdoorsy Girl in front of Yellowstone Falls










Grand Teton Range and the beautiful Snake River. (Could have been named something nicer, in my opinion)









Wildflowers in the meadows at Grand Teton.










View of a glacier on one of my hikes.











Jenny Lake, so clear, so beautiful, so colorful.









Gorgeous scenery on one of my hikes through Cascade Canyon.







Also saw this cute little guy on my hike through Cascade Canyon. Is this a mink? What the hell is this animal? Whatever he is, he surely is cute!






View from Cascade Canyon. I LOVED the way the clouds shrouded the mountain peaks and then floated away in cottony wisps.






A thermal pool at Yellowstone. I never knew just how colorful water could be until I hiked through Geyser Basin and along the Firehole River.






Home on the range...Buffalo grazing just after sunrise with the Tetons kissed with aspenglow.






Of course, I did write a few lines about this amazing place, too. (As if you couldn't see that coming! haha)

The Song of Wyoming

The howl of the wolf
Buffalo roaming
Grizzly Bear wandering
This is Wyoming

Yellowstone River falls
Carving canyon and foaming
Still, blue Jenny Lake
This is Wyoming

Teton Range of granite
Through still waters the moose is combing
Snow glistens on sun-kissed peaks
This is Wyoming

Skies of the bluest hue
Wildflowers in meadows grace
Geysers spew in fiery fury
Wyoming is this place

Riding along the range
The cowboy shades his face
To peer across the open plain
Wyoming is this place

Taking in all its beauty
Can make your heart race
Beautiful, peaceful, entrancing
Wyoming is this place

13 comments:

The Grunt said...

I love the addition of your avatar photo, O-girl. That area is a favorite of mine as well. I have a lot of relatives that live in Star Valley. I just wish that I was "tight" with them enough to be able to crash there and have a good base camp.

The Grunt said...

Oh, I almost forgot, thanks for your supportive comment on my last post. It really meant a lot to me.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

On my list of 'to go to' places...

And your little critter is a black ground squirrel.

Mansoor Qaisar said...

nice blog... looking interested.... keep it up !!!!!!!!

SS said...

Yeah, OG has a photo of herself now =)

The photos are gorgeous. You do get to see some great things.

Anonymous said...

Score! more pics! so why no hot blondes in your pics?

Scott said...

Great photos, I can definately see why Wyoming would be one of your all time favourite places. The greatest place that I have been is the Yukon to a place called the Nahanni River. Absolutely amazing.

Love the words as well.

Scott

yrautca said...

I like your new blog look. Very nice. I have never been to Wyoming though :(

Keshi said...

WYOMING looks absolutely gorgeous! Every bit of the song that u wrote here...wow!

Keshi.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Grunt...I think you should get in tighter with those relatives. I need to in tight with someone who lives in a beautiful area like that. Did you happen to mention their names, by the way? ;)

RT...Upon further research, I do believe now that it is a mink.

mansoor...Thanks for stopping by

SS...Now, I'm waiting for you to post your race pic! I want to see those pigtails!

sv...I knew the only mildly offensive streak couldn't last. :)

scott...I'd LOVE to go to the Yukon! It's on my list!

yrautca...Thanks and you gotta go to Wy sometime!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have a pic of the Snake River on my computer. What are the odds of that?

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Jedi...It's that strong mental connection we share. :)

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»