Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Free at last!

So I have survived another school year. YAY! This was a tough class for me and I’m glad it’s finally over, though I have to admit there are a few (very few) students I will miss. We did our little graduation ceremony yesterday and I still have our song stuck in my head, This Land is Your Land, This Land is my Land. Some of my non-teacher friends laughed at this since they said it was totally a song I would pick out. Ha ha. I thought it was a good song to introduce the kids to the beauty and love of our scenic country…from California to the New York Islands, from the Redwood Forest to the Gulf Stream Waters…

I still have two more kid-free post planning days and after that, it’s all going to be about my summer journey. Looks like I’m leaving my Georgia home on June 3rd for my home in Utah. There is so much to think about! I have to make arrangements to pay my bills that will be due while I’m away. I need to double-check my To-Pack List and then actually begin packing these items. I have to make my rounds to see my friends and family before heading off into the sunset. I’d also like to give my bedroom and a nice clean up, too, so that I will come home to a nice and tidy room in a couple of months. I have to buy gifts for the four important birthdays and Father’s Day that I will miss while I’m away. Not to mention the triple checking of my finances (both what I will have in Utah and Georgia when I return). I should be feeling a little overwhelmed, but I am so ready to do this and I just feel that everything will fall into place as should. (Hope I’m not jinxing myself!)

I have said this before, but I am feeling so alive right now. I am so thankful for my life. I’m counting my blessings. I’m smiling brighter than before. I’m unleashing the free spirit that I work so hard to keep tame most of the time.

I’m staring at framed photos on my wall right now of the scenery and adventure that I experienced on my latter trips out west. I can’t wait to see what this summer will hold. It’s such a rush that I wish I could take all of you along with me to experience it and feel what I am feeling. After all, this land was made for you and me!

Now I just need to detox my brain of that damn song! ;)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, how to get that song from your head? "Scotty doesn't know, Scotty doesn't know!!!" Did that work?

I bet you are glad to get rid of that group of snot nosed kids.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're "free at last" as you say. i must say however, that june did arrive alot quicker than expected...which will take you to your "beloved Utah"...and to that note, allow me to say: "there are some of us that welcome you and have missed your smiling face!" dont forget to stop and see your friends while visiting. its been a joy reading your blog.

'-)

Michael

Anonymous said...

We must simply do lunch darlin as your presence will be missed. Oh wait, whose blog is this?

Scott said...

I am jealous that you are pretty much done with work, and I am jealous that you are going out West. Have yourself a great time!!!

Scott

The Grunt said...

Congrats for surviving. Now you can exhale.

Keshi said...

good on ya and good luck!

Keshi.

yrautca said...

Have a good summer. Will you be posting about your adventures in the wilderness?

Outdoorsy Girl said...

I've effectively blocked the song from my head now.

Michael...Of course I will be visiting all my friends! Though this time I am not driving but flying so I might have to depend on friends for rides...I'm sure our Goofball won't mind! :)

Yrautca...Of course I will be blogging about my fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Of course Utah but never TX :(. Outdoorsy Girl, I am honestly in love with you! I love you to death! Call me back! I love you forever! call me!

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Big Tex...
I didn't know you still read my blog. How sweet...;)