Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Summer and The Competition

The Summer...
During her surprise visit to Georgia this past weekend, Best Friend and I had the opportunity to discuss our summer plans. We have so much on our list of things to do! We are going to try our best to accomplish the entire list. I have a feeling that we will be able to accomplish most of it at the very least (unless something terrible and unforeseen happens).

So far, here’s what’s on the table…
*A visit to Glacier National Park, MT and across the Canadian border to Waterton National Park.

*Visit to Seattle, Washington to see the touristy sites and then over to Olympic National Park.

*Hike Ben Lomond Peak, Utah. (This is the Paramount Pictures iconic mountain.)

*Back to my beloved Grand Teton National Park, WY to hike the Paintbrush Divide Trail to Cascade Canyon and down to Jenny Lake.

*Hike a slot canyon. (Not sure of which one yet but Antelope Canyon in Page, AZ or either Spooky Canyon or Peek-a-boo Canyon in UT are looking good.)

*Rock climbing along the new via-ferrata trail in Ogden, UT.

*Visiting Royal Peacock Opal Mine (to strike it rich, of course) in NV, while stopping along the way to take pics of the Donner Party’s wagon ruts on the salt flats and a pic of the Earth’s curvature (one of the only places in the world that it is visible). I will also be sure to grab another handful of salt from the Bonneville Salt Flats. (I left a ziplock baggie of it in Best Friend’s car the last time.)

*Jeeping in Moab (If we can get a small group together to do that. I’m going to be on a too-tight budget this time for just Best Friend and me.)

*Time permitting, visit Dinosaur National Monument on the Utah/Colorado border and drive up to Flaming Gorge Recreation Area north of there along the UT/WY border.

The Competition...
Okay, most of you already know about my Hotness Plan. I have been working at this for a while (but not too hard). The original adventure plan for the summer was to go on the Bahamas trip I won, but it has been pushed back to a later date now since I decided to live out west all summer. Well, thinking that I was going to be on the beach, I knew I wanted to look my best in my bikini. (yeah…I am actually going to wear one!) That was the first motivation of my Hotness Plan. The second part of the motivation hails from my desire to push my endurance limits so that I can enjoy more hiking and such.

Anyway, I informed Best Friend that I wasn’t going to slack off much from my Hotness Plan even if we weren’t going to the Bahamas because I still wanted to be hot for the summer. So she proceeds to tell me that I won’t be any hotter than her. The slamming begins. She tells me that she is going to be hotter than me because she is curvier. I laugh in her face over this preposterous statement. I have an hour-glass figure, thank you! (It just needs fine-tuning, that’s all!) I challenge her to a competition. Let’s have someone else settle this score!

She suggests that we poll people. In Utah, where she lives and knows 100 times as many people than me? Nope. I’m not going for that! We need neutral outsiders, I say. She agrees. We think of how to lure in unsuspecting men. I think we should advertise a bikini mud wrestling between us. As much as I love her, it’s going to be hard for me to humiliate her in such a defeat. But not too hard. Let the smack-down begin!

I think we should charge an admittance fee, also. It would help finance our spectacular summer.

By the way, my dear Best Friend, you are only curvier than me if you count fat rolls. Zing! ;)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't know if i'd pay squat to see that. how about you guys just have a spitting contest?

p.s. lysol will get rid of that you know what smell.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

SV...That's because you see me in a bikini every summer, you loser! What smell...you mean that one you left behind in my car? Thanks I'll try the Lysol.

Anonymous said...

Look Outdoorsy gal, quit being so uppity. i don't pass out compliments like candy you know, you gots to earn that stuff.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I think you're hot right now...

;)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I've met Best friend and, sorry BF, but Outdoorsy Girl has you beat hands down.

yrautca said...

wow, you have a packed summer schedule. you have so much fun OG. That Moab jeep trip is what i want to do too. i hope i can get away this summer. i am sure you will beat your best friend quite easily.

Scott said...

I can be the judge. I have years of experience admiring the female form. I can send a resume of my credentials if they are required. LOL.

Scott

Keshi said...

**By the way, my dear Best Friend, you are only curvier than me if you count fat rolls

ROFL girl!

Put up bikini pics of u 2 and let us be the judge :)

Keshi.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Thanks to everyone for your support in the Competition. :)

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Present Hotness Count...

OG 4
BF 0

Tripchick said...

So you may be hotter now but your day is comming real soon. I have had further to go than you so it is a process. But I will win :) By the way don't care what u think jedi master.. In the end I will win.. Fat rolls that was funny

:)