Thursday, April 13, 2006

Outdoorsy Girl's Top 10 Reasons to Disappear into the Wild


10. The absense of all noise except a rushing stream

(Roaring Fork Creek, Great Smokey Mountains National Park, Tennessee)




9. Becoming a part of the sunset, rather than merely viewing it through your windshield on the way home from work.

(Great Smokey Mountains National Park, North Carolina.)




8. Finding snowpatches in Summer.

(Monte Cristo, Utah in June of 2004)





7. Spending time with friends.

(me with Super Villain on the Appalacian Trail on the summit of Blood Mountain, Georgia....SV, I know you only look at my pics. anyway, so this is for you! haha.)




6. For the exercise.

(Anyone who says that hiking with a large backpack isn't getting a workout can kiss my grits! Cumberland Island, Georgia)









5. Kicking back and taking in great views.

(Along the Appalachian Trail, Georgia)





4. Viewing and frolicking in waterfalls.


(Dry Falls, Nantahala National Forest, North Carolina.)






3. Witnessing natural wonders.

(Geyser in Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming)








2. Seeing cool animals.

(Moose in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming)







1. Getting the hell away from this!

(Atlanta, Georgia)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The super villain is now famous!!

tsduff said...

How absolutely cool that you have been to all of these places! Love the pictures, especially Yellowstone (could it be that it reminds of me of Geysir in Iceland? LOL).

Thomas J Wolfenden said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I could ad a few onto yor list...

Star-filled nights skys so vast it makes you tremble...

Sitting by an early morning campfire having your morning coffee and having a dee walk right into camp, look you in the eye and slowly walk off...

Laying in your sleeping bag at night and hear the elk bugle...

Outdoorsy Girl said...

super villain...you have always been something special in my eyes, hon. ;) HAAAAA!HAAAAA!

Terry...Thanks! You know the more you share on Iceland, the more I am feeling that I should go there!

RT...My list could go on and on and on!

Anonymous said...

Cool. Did you take the pictures?

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Thank you.

Yes, I took all of the photos except for the one of me carrying a pack and the one of me with my friend.

yrautca said...

Those are darn good reasons OG, especially the last one. I can totally remember watching that scene live. Going to GA State on a day that Braves were playing was a nightmare

Lindsey said...

I right there with you! Atlanta traffic sucks and I'd rather be anywhere than here....

Spider Girl said...

Those are compelling reasons!

I like the picture of your feet against the view. I have a number of photos like that---I can always remember exactly how I felt when I took the picture. Relaxed.

Keshi said...

what a great collection of fab pics!

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Who's that ugly guy with you in number 7? Just kidding Super Villain.

Those are 10 great reasons...especially 1 and 10.