Sunday, March 18, 2007

What my blog says

First of all, I want to thank everyone that took the time out to answer all of my questions. A few of you emailed me with answers and some of you responded in the comment section. There were 10 responses in all and I have to admit that, considering the number of questions and amount of thought that some of them required, I didn’t think I would have that many respond. I have some awesome readers!

This is the conclusion to my "What does a blog say?” experiment: Not much. At least mine doesn’t. Most of you got the adventure questions right, though. When I started this blog, its sole purpose was for telling the tales of my travels. I didn’t intend to use it as a diary. I didn’t want anyone to know me. However, a few times, I have vented or expressed my feelings on a topic that was pressing to me at the time. Still, I realize that I have revealed very little about myself in the big scheme of things. Taking this into consideration, I have to say that everyone did a good job with their guesses.

The person with the most correct answers was the Grunt. He got more questions right than some friends who have known me forever. I think he deserves a prize! I don’t know what the grand prize will be, but I’ll think of something!

So here are my answers…
1. Either you know my real name or you don’t! hahaha.
2. My eyes are blue.
3. I am always wearing different styles of clothing. (Jeans, skirts, capris, khakis, ect.)
4. My favorite food is Mexican. (Just had it today, by the way!)
5. My junk food weakness is ice cream. I am not one much on sweets, but I must have ice cream year round—even if its 20 degrees!)
6. If you caught me shopping, I’d be buying shoes. It’s a disease!
7. My biggest pet peeve is when someone makes an assumption about me. I know what I think; you don’t! Ask me if you want to know!
8. I am not into water skiing. The place I have do that is Lake Lanier and it’s too icky.
9. My favorite song of all time is “Over the Hills and Far Away” by Led Zeppelin. I love the music, lyrics, and nostalgic feel when I hear it.
10. Unless my iPod is stolen, you will NEVER find “No Rain” by Blind Melon on my play list. I HATE that song with an unholy passion.
11. I want to go to Peru badly.
12. I have never been to Michigan. (but I want to go there sometime. SS, you will have to advise me.)
13. I’ve never been to Mt. Rushmore, but I want to go there, too.
14. Unfortunately, I have been charged by a bear, became severely dehydrated (because I ran out of water), barely missed being stabbed on a trail by a crazy man, and almost tumbled to my death in the Ozarks--all while hiking. But I have never gotten lost!
15. I have never been rock climbing (but want to try it out) and I have never Scuba dived (and I plan on NEVER doing that.)
16. I was involved romantically with 2 losers last year.
17. The 3 qualities that the next lucky man must possess to NOT become the next loser are: Intelligence, Sense of humor, and Openness.
18. When I asked one of my oldest friends to describe me in one word, she replied Enthusiastic.
19. I would describe myself as Passionate. Whatever I am into, I give it my all.
20. I am very outgoing. (Even when I don’t feel like it)
21. I’m sorry to say that I am a very friendly drunk. One who is very fond of every one, one who blurts out the truth, and one who becomes quite musical. And these reasons were enough for me to stop. The one thing I never did (thank God) was beat anyone up.
22. I do NOT believe in Karma. What a load of crap Karma is!
23. I grew up in the country on a dirt road. Now I live in the city. But I wish I lived in the mountains.

Now you all know a few things about me. I guess it's time for me to go back to being “mysterious” and writing about my trips.

And speaking of trips…Only 10 more workdays until Spring Break! Woo-hoo!

11 comments:

Keshi said...

ok Im pretty late here, Im so sorry! I wont look at ur answers here. Am I allowed to take the test girly? :)

Keshi.

The Grunt said...

I hope the prize is a super rubber bouncy ball or a Duncan yo-yo.

Anonymous said...

I always assumed stuff about you, like how you liked No Rain and scuba diving.

Scott said...

Great stuff to know... where is the Spring Break trip to??

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Sure Keshi...you can answer them if you want! It'd be fun to see what you know abou me. :)

Grunt...Sure, I can award you a bouncy ball or yo-yo. Maybe both! It is the Grand Prize after all!

SV...You're a great assumer then. Or maybe it's that you've heard me tell you how much the thought of being underwater for an extended period of time makes me feel all panicky or maybe it's that you heard my gag reflex when No Rain comes on the radio (before I quickly change the station.)

Scott...Yay! You're back! I'm going to the Florida Keys on my next trip.

Keshi said...

ok tnxx hun. Here I go:


1. Do you know my real name?
A. No. You’re OG to me.


2. What color are my eyes?
B. Blue


3. I am always wearing…
B. Hiking boots


What you know about my likes and dislikes…

4. My favorite food is…
B. Mexican


5. My junk food weakness is…
C. Beer


6. If you were to catch me shopping (a rare event), what would I be buying?
D. Clothes


7. One of my pet peeves is…
C. When people make assumptions about what I am thinking


8. Which of these things am I not in to?
E. Painting


9. What’s my favorite song of all time?
C. "Over the Hills and Far Away" by Led Zeppelin



10. Which of these songs will you not find on my iPod?
B. "Hey Ya!" by OutKast



What do you know of my adventurous spirit?

11. Of these choices, which place do I want to go to the most?
A. India



12. In which of these states have I never been?
D. Texas


13. Name the American Icon that I have never seen
F. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, CA



14. Which of the following have never happened to me while hiking?
B. Came across a stabber



15. Which of these activities have I participated in? (May be more than 1 answer)
A. River rafting
C. Rock Climbing
D. Snowboarding
E. Scuba Diving
F. Backpacking



What do you know about my love life?

16. How many men did I become romantically involved with in 2006? (This includes only guys I went out with more than once and developed some sort of relationship with.)
C. 1



17. What are the three qualities one must have for me to date them?
B. Intelligence, sense of humor, and openness


How well do you know me on a personal level?

18. When I asked a friend to define me in one word, she said:
C. Crazy


19. I would describe myself as:
C. Passionate


20. My personality can be described as:
A. Outgoing


21. The reason I no longer consume large amounts of alcohol is:
D. The hangovers hurt too much nowadays



22. What do I not believe in?
C. Karma


23. I grew up:
C. In the mountain region of Ga.




And I swear I didnt look at any of the answers. This came straight from my head.

HUGGGGGGGGZ!
Keshi.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

You actually got a lot of these right, Keshi! :)

Thanks for testing your OG knowledge. ;)

Keshi said...

wow tnxx!

Now let me look at the answers.

Keshi.

Keshi said...

I sure did get most of em right WOW Im so glad.


** I am not into water skiing. The place I have do that is Lake Lanier and it’s too icky

Really? that i thought u definitely must have :)


Keshi.

SS said...

Hey, well, I don't think I did too bad actually. I did know what kind of man you want - smart, funny and honest, easy. That's what I'd pick too =)

Oh, but I was SURE you'd been rock climbing. I remember us talking about how we both wanted to go and then you scheduled an outing with friends, no? I really thought that was the case anyway.

In any case, you MUST visit Michigan. Very outdoorsy. Lots of lakes and other stuff. Really, we have much more to offer than just Detroit ;)

tsduff said...

I loved reading all about you J - great fun. Excellent adventure post ;-D I don't suppose I got very many of the questions, but I know alot more now :-D I love mexican food too - and we are really wanting to visit the Florida Keys. That is after Italy and Copper Canyon Mexico. Sorry about the 2 losers :-O