Monday, August 20, 2007

Living with Red

Here's a snippet of a conversation I had with my friend and roomate Red last night:

Me: "Yes, he is very sweet and a gentleman, but he's just TOO YOUNG for me!"

Red: "But he's mature, has a good job, and owns his own house! And you're not going to give him a chance because of his age???"

Me: "I know but..."

Red: "They can't be too old. They can't be too young. You've got too many requirements to date you!"

Me: "Well, I'm just not settling with anyone!"

Red: "You're too picky! You have to have more info on them than the CIA!"

Me: "I know! I can't help it!"

Then Red, the girl who so oftens breaks into my phone conversations with a, "Are you talking to your boyfriend again?" or "You're talking to another one?" or lovingly calls me "ho", came up with the best one liner ever.

After exhaling a giant sigh, she exclaimed, "Damn! It's easier to get into the Pentagon than into your pants!"

This is just a typical conversation on a typical day living with Red. I'm so lucky to be loved like this.

15 comments:

Tara Byte said...

HAHAHAHAHA LOL !

* catching breath *

SS said...

Wait, you're a ho who keeps a tight lock on her panties? Something doesn't seem right there.

yrautca said...

Does that mean Donald Rumsfeld has been inside of you many many times? Ewwwwww......

Scott said...

hahaa sounds like fun times at your place. I say relax a little and see what happens.

Starboard Tack said...

Perhaps you should loosen up your pants (just a little bit)...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you do need to loosen up. Maybe give the guy a chance and have fun. If it gets weird then leave the guy and find someone new. That is all part of the game.

yrautca said...

well i hope you are not offended. you know my sense of humor is in the gutter sometimes :)

Outdoorsy Girl said...

EVILred...you're just evil!

SS...I know! That's what I'm thinking! Living with this crazy girl makes me not know who I even am anymore! lol!

Yrautca...Ewwwwwwwww! That's just gross dude! But I know you're always in the gutter so I'll let it slip. ;)

Scott...It's always fun around here, for sure! I am not sure if I enjoy the name calling, the insults, or her embarassing me over the phone the most! lol!

Starboard...Why am I not surprised to get this advice from you? ;)

E...You've been my friend for several years now. You know how picky I am with my men. LOL!

Keshi said...

**Damn! It's easier to get into the Pentagon than into your pants!"

LMAO!

well guess wut girl..that line applies to me too! Any wonder Im single for a very long time now.


Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Haven't you ever noticed that all of your friends have told you the same thing? That you're way too picky about the guys you choose to date? Remember, you'll never date anyone if you don't give anyone a chance. Now I'm not saying to not be picky, but what I am saying is that you're way too picky.

Anonymous said...

High standards are not a bad thing.... why settle:)

The Grunt said...

Those damn chastity belts sure chafe.

Scary Monster said...

Iffin that be just a snippet than the unabridged version must be a laugh riot.

Never settle fer less than that which makes you happy. You'll know when it's time to reveal yer top secret documents.

Stay Stompy.

Anonymous said...

I think you complain more than Super Villain about commies.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Keshi...I say there's nothing wrong with being a challenge. ;)

JM...I'm sticking my tongue out at you right now. You know me, I'd rather be picky and get what I want rather than trying to mold something that's not what I want into something else.

Aidan...Thank you! I needed some support here! ;)

Grunt...I have tried to tell you that you should stop wearing those damn things!

Scary...If you thought that was funny, you should be here full time!

Super V...MORE than you??? Never.