Thursday, August 09, 2007

Here's the photos from my Yellowstone safari...


Moose sighting! This poor moose was trying to cross the road but then a bunch of people got in its face and scared it. I am happy to report that this was the only time Best Friend and I had to yell at anyone in the national park. Usually, we get mad at many people that we do not see fit to be in the outdoors around the wildlife, so I'm extremely proud that we didn't run across too many idiots--especially in YELLOWSTONE!!! (This pic. was taken with my zoom lens from a distance as not to disturb the animal. This is proper national park etiquette, by the way, to prevent Best Friend or I from yelling at you.)


Another Black Bear encounter! This makes my 9th bear encounter. I guess I still have the magic!










Antelope at sunrise.











Buffalo crossing the Yellowstone River. This was one of the coolest things I have seen in the wild! I felt like I was watching a Discovery Channel show on those Water Buffalo in Africa and I kept expecting a croc to take one down...only it was Wyoming not Africa and they were regular buffalo not the water variety and there were no crocodiles and it wasn't on TV. But still very cool!



Sunset over the Madison River.






And so here are a few shots from Utah....

This was taken somewhere in American Fork Canyon. It's hard to believe that everything was so green despite the hot, dry weather.









SCB looks like he's trying to keep Best Friend from jumping off this cliff in Farmington Canyon.





On the summit of Bountiful Peak. This was moments before meeting my friend rattlesnake. I don't look very happy in this photo but I'm not sure why. Maybe it was a premonition of the sickening encounter about to take place.





Here with my fellow blog buddy, the Grunt. I made him play my self portrait game where you must set up the camera and then beat the self timer by striking a pose in 10 seconds. I love that game!




20 comments:

Keshi said...

great pics girl! As usual. I think u r the only NATURE GIRL I know in blogville...the one who enjoys nature to the fullest!

Keshi.

Celestine said...

i love ur pics babe... especially the black bear one. it mus b extremely difficult to get such great shots... how do u do it?

tsduff said...

Yellowstone rocks! You and your bears... I'm amazed at all of your encounters. Just don't get et...

I loved Yellowstone when I was there oh... about 29 years ago. The wildlife was amazing then as well. You got some great photos. I can't wait until I have saved up some time and money to go traveling again but I know it will be a loooonnnngg time :-( *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Great pics, The Sun Set pic is great!!!

Scary Monster said...

You be always seeming to have the best times during yer vacations. Me be trying to imagine what it must of been like to see what you saw. Except fer the diamond back experience of course.

Me also likes the way you and Cap'n Grunty be sartorially aligned.

STOMP.

SS said...

I wish you had been with me on my "bear sighting excursion" in Alaska where we didn't see one stinkin' bear the whole time! I did have poor moose etiquette though - you would have yelled at me.

Looks like a great time!

yrautca said...

Looks like lots of cool sights. Anyway, we've been planning back and forth for a while but I am definitely up for an outdoorsy adventure with a bunch of people. We should plan something.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Keshi...Thank you. I do love it! :)

Celestine...Thanks so much! It's really not so hard for me. My friends saw I'm like Snow White and the animals flock to me. LOL! I use a zoom lens to get closer. :)

Terry...I do love Yellowstone (despite the too many people!)I hope it won't be long before you venture out again. And I hope it will be a happy occasion that will lead you to travel on your next trip.

E...Thanks! I haven't seen you in a while! Well, I actually saw you tonight in real life, but I you haven't been to my blog in a while, you slacker! ;)

Scary...I try to imagine the things you are seeing in Japan. :)
It was awesome to see the Cap'n.

SS...I wish I had gone with you, too! Alaska is on the top of list! I'll keep you in line with animal etiquette if I come along next time! ;)

Yrautca...Sounds good. Tell me what you want to see and I can make it happen. :)

Lindsey said...

My brother and his wife went there for their honeymoon last year. TOTALLY loved it.

Starboard Tack said...

Wow!!! Those pictures are amazing. You clearly had a fabulous trip! I am very jealous.

Keshi said...

and Grunty n u look GREAT in that pic!

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

I have been checking out your site but had nothing smart to say. I like to think long and hard (haha). It looks like you had a great time.

The Grunt said...

You should have put up the "wardrobe malfunction" shot of us. BTW, Farmington Canyon is now burning out of control as we speak. Authorities know it was man made but don't know by who. So, treasure the green sites you saw because it is now black and ash colored.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Lindsey...That would be a great honeymoon place!

Starboard...Thanks. I was jealous of your California trip (except for the money you spent on your daughters!)

Keshi...Thanks! That was the better of the pics we took.

E...I was wondering why I hadn't seen you around! The thinking part explains it all. ;)

Grunt...That picture will NEVER be seen by ANYBODY!!! LOL!!! I am so sad to hear about the fire :( !! I guess I was lucky to see it before the burn. And it was man made? I won't accuse you of this one since I know you love that place. Also, I you put your life of arson behind you at age 10. ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What? Proper park etiquette? You mean scaring animals, littering, and improper fire safety are poor form? Picky.....

Scott said...

What a great set of pics. Glad that you got to meet up with The Grunt.

Love all the wildlife.

Scott

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I've run out of semi witty and sarcastic things to say.

Scary Monster said...

Me still waitin on that snapshot of the Mormons...
STOMP.

Anonymous said...

Great Pics post something NEW anything!!!!