Sunday, January 21, 2007

OG, Fashion Designer!

I have taken up a new hobby during the colder months--knitting! Yeah, I know...Just how OLD and ANCIENT am I? But let me tell you a little something I have discovered...It seems that knitting isn't just for old ladies anymore. All the hipsters are into knitting, too! I even read a news article about knitting being a "hot" hobby for the younger generations.

So I gave it a try and some of my creations look pretty cool. Pretty soon I was giving away matching hat and scarf sets to my family and friends and taking specific requests. I am in the process of completing some family orders as we speak. And since I am knitting in the new style using looms rather than needles, my production is much faster.

I think I should start taking orders and begin my own business on the side. I'll call it OG Designs. Besides what better way to keep warm on a hiking trail than a stylish beanie created by OG Designs? You pick the color and type of yarn (there are so many materials now that you wouldn't believe!) and I make your hat, scarf, or a set of both.

But OG Designs doesn't stop here! Oh no, we (I) also make purses, handbags, shawls, wraps, and mittens. And there is a special line for children here at OG Designs for kids of all ages including infants...or as we (I) call them here at OG Designs, hikers in training. We (I) can make baby beanies and (hiking) booties.

Sometime in the near future, we (I) will be adding blankets, throws, sweaters, and shrugs into the mix.

So take a look and place your orders today! Sorry, no CODs or personal checks accepted. ;)


This is my ultra hip 3 piece camo colored set of hat, scarf and purse. I tried to embellish it with a little something extra to make it cuter so I knitted and added flowers to the scarf and purse and instead of the usual fringe on the ends of the scarf, I made and attached pom-poms.







A closer look at the purse.








I made this shaggy, fuzzy hat for my crazy Aunt C.












A look at the hikers in training line. I made the blue hat and a matching pair of hiking booties for my friend's baby. :)






Here I'm modeling a fuzzy wrap I made using some soft brown yarn and mulitcolored Fun Fur. This one is extremely soft and my dear cat Lucy likes to cuddle up to it.









A closer look at the wrap. AKA Lucy's favorite creation of mine.











And speaking of Miss Lucy, here she is inspecting my yarns. Everything at OG Designs is Lucy approved!





So let's see...I have the old lady hobby and I have the cat. Guess I should just face the fact and buy an old wooden rocking chair and look into retirement.

Nah, just kidding! Remember that knitting is hip, folks! So get those orders in soon!

18 comments:

Keshi said...

u look gorgeous in ALL of em. Cos u have a very victorian AAAND modern kinda face - both in one! So it all matched ur face and great body. LOVELY creations!

Keshi.

SS said...

I heard somewhere that knitting is big for the men of Hollywood these days -- somehow I'm doubting it though.

Anonymous said...

sigh.......just when i didn't think you can get any dorkier.......good thing you don't come over and knit on a saturday nite........oh wait......

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Keshi...Every comment you leave, makes me smile. :) Thank you.

SS...Hilarious. I can't imagine that!

SV...I am only dorky because I hang around such dorky friends. Zing! But if you'll remember correctly, I came over to knit on a Friday night. Even dorks have fun on Saturday nights. Sheesh!

Keshi said...

:) u too!

Keshi.

Scott said...

That is some mad knitting skills that you have there!

Good luck with the snowboarding.. remember to be comfortable leaning forward, trust the edges of the board and have fun.

deepsat said...

thats some beautiful stuff!!!

;-))

yrautca said...

Hot pics! I needto cancel my Playboy subscription!

Helen said...

Chicks with Sticks (great book not just a great logo), I love, love, love to knit, however, OCD coupled with ADD means I spend more time pulling out stitches to start a new project than finishing the ones I've started ; ) hee hee. Right now I'm using this divine handspun grey lambswool to knit a baby blanket (sooo incredibly soft).

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Scott...Thanks for the tips. I'll try to remember them and stay calm as I am quickly rushing downhill straight for other people. lol. (I'll blog about it later from the hospital. :) )

Deepsat...Thank you. I am beginning some new projects. Hopefully they will be beautiful, too.

Yrautca...Cancel your subscription to Playboy???? Well, I guess I need to start knitting something skimpy and sexy so you won't be disappointed. Then again, that might be disappointing in itself. LOL!

Helen...Hi! Thanks for dropping by. You do the HARD kind of knitting that I have no patience for. lol. I am amazed by the different yarns out there and how soft some of them are. :)

The Grunt said...

You've got mad knitting skillz, yo!

Tai said...

Aren't you LOVELY!
(Oh...and your knitting is pretty great too!)

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Grunt...Thanks. I gots lots of skillz, yo!

Keshi (a/k/a jerk-magnet #2)...I'm hellbent and determined to become a jerk-repellant. Maybe we should join forces and fight against our natural defect and both become jerk-repellants! But then what would we blog about if not jerks? hmmm. lol. Happy Aussie Day!

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Tai...You rock! Thanks. :)

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Spiffy stuff!

(I secretly do needle point, don't tell anyone!)

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Hey everyone...Ranger Tom does needle point!!! Oh sorry..you said NOT to tell anyone. I must've misread your comment. LOL!

CozyMama said...

i want to learn, how did you get started???

tsduff said...

Hmmm, I thought I left you a comment several days ago, but I don't see it. Must be somewhere else. I think that stuff is amazing that you knitted. Yes, I'm sure I left you a comment... Rosy Grier was a knitter, and he was way before your time. Knitting is cool, and I LOVE your stuff!!!!