Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My Garden Tub Retreat

So what does this photo tell you about the kind of days I've been having lately? If you said a little bit of stress mixed with laziness, a touch of an unwell feeling, and a dash of boredom, then you hit the nail on the head! But I highly doubt that this is anyone's exact words. Anyway, I have been very stressed out which plain out drains me and leaves me totally unmotivated and thus bored. It's a chain reaction. The unwell feeling I credit to the crazy, unstable weather we are experiencing. It was 72 degrees Monday and yesterday we reached only 37 with a windchill factor of 29. I could feel this cold front moving in Monday in my sinus cavities, which are extremely sensitive to changes in the barometric pressure. Monday's headache was almost unbearable. The pressure built up the more the temperature rose and the more humid it became until finally my nose bled profusely and the rain finally began to fall from the sky. My headache diminished and so did the high temps. as the cold air moved into my neck of the woods. And it's still friggin' cold today. Unfortunately, I do have a weather-induced, scratchy, raw throat at the moment. It's nothing that a nice, warm bubble bath can't cure, though. :) My tub is my refuge from this cold, cruel world.

So I am officially back on my Hotness Plan. For those of you who may not be familiar with this, it is my personal diet and exercise program geared to change me into one hot mama. I have to say that after losing quite a bit of weight, the plan works. I haven't reached hotness status yet, but just you wait! I'll get there. And not to mention that the bubble baths right after a hard workout will feel well deserved!

I finally applied for my passport so hopefully this year I will be blogging about places outside of the States. One complaint, though...I looked like I was very angry and on drugs in my photo. Ugh. And I have to look at this thing for 10 years!

One thing I am really excited about is trying out snowboaring in a couple of weeks. I am going to try my luck with this in Utah and I am very pumped up about trying something new like this, especially since living in the Southeast offers no winter sports opportunites except year-round hiking (which is nice.) But I am still wondering how many bones I will break. Hopefully my double-jointedness and freakish flexibility will counteract my clusmy factor and I will simply tumble down the slope when my legs twist up rather than snap them in half. Either way, I am really looking forward to my first wintertime Utah trip as I've only been there in spring and summer. This should be a lot of fun, even though I'll probably come home very sore. Still, that's nothing a hot bath can't cure.

I think I might stop right here and jump on my Gazelle for a half-hour or so. That might just make me sweat enough to have an excuse to jump back in the tub.

11 comments:

Keshi said...

**So what does this photo tell you about the kind of days I've been having lately?

it tells me that u've been having a good relaxing time with yourself sweetie...nice one!


**My tub is my refuge from this cold, cruel world.

definitely! Isnt it strange how things like tubs, iPods, teddy bears, cars etc can give u so much of peace and freedom that humans cant.

Keshi.

SS said...

I'm envious. I have a garden tub that never gets any action. I really should show it (and myself) some love sometime soon.

Anyway, good luck on your hotness plan and your snowboarding trip. I got a gazelle for my birthday last year and it is a nice little workout. So, keep at it =)

deepsat said...

this is self pampering and shud be done more often too be yourself!!
take care

;-))

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

It's funny... My place here has a HUGE garden tub/jaccuzi and I'm so tired when I get home from work I've only used it twice.

How sad is that? I'm to tired even to take a hot bath to relax?

Scott said...

Looks like a very relaxing time in the tub.

Good luck on the hotness plan... i am on one of my own at the moment as well.

Anonymous said...

hotness plan? you don't need that, you're already smoking hot!! in spite of the wilderness smell.

yrautca said...

You know what I think of Gazelle, dont you? I thinks its the biggest scam in the history of scams.

Where do you intend to go outside US this year? With all that hiking and stuff you prolly dont need a hotness plan.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Keshi...I'm at least TRYING to relax! :)

SS...You should definitely give/get some love from your tub. :)

Deepsat...It's good pampering for the brain as well!

RT...I understand that kind of exhaustion.

Scott...Cool! You can be on my support team then.

SV...Wow. That is the nicest thing you have ever said about me. (As sad as that is!)BTW, can you even remember how the whole wilderness smell thing began???I can't even remember. :)

Yrautca...Yes, I know what you think of the Gazelle. But I'm telling you that becoming 35 lbs. lighter made a believer out of me! Look at SS's comment...she is also in agreeance with me! Don't knock it til you try it. Anyhoo...I've got a lot places on my to-see list that will require a passport. :)

Anonymous said...

i hope you don't break a leg out there in utha. it'd be a shame to break something that nice looking.;)

The Grunt said...

Hey, I know someone that lives in Utah. You should totally go and throw rocks at him. Heh-heh! My hotness program has failed me and now I am in "meh" mode. This is always a hard time of year for us ice dwellers to not store a bit of insulation. I can still hike to the top of Mount Olympus. Well, that would be plain crazy right now.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Grunt...You know someone I can throw rocks at??? Cool!!! I'm sure that you could still hike to the top of Mt. Olympus. But yeah, that would just be plain nuts to do right now. But I still believe you! ;)