Monday, January 01, 2007

Hello 2007!

Happy New Year to you all!

I decided to squeeze in one last great adventure with Best Friend in 2006 and to start out 2007 in a fun, unique way. So we left yesterday morning and took a daytrip to Tucson, Arizona. I just got home a few hours ago. And even though Arizona isn’t really a New Year’s Eve-ish type of destination, it was the best New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day I think I ever had! And there was adventure! What more could a girl like me ask for?

But you will just have to come back and read the post of trip later. I am so tired right now! I will be posting details in the couple of days. (Isn’t this a cool trick to have you all come back to my blog?)

For now, I just want to share my New Year’s resolution. I really don’t make typical (weight loss, new career path, buy a house, meet “the one”) resolutions as I feel that they are something that most people make up just to sound like they have real goals for the year, but break them before the month of January ends. Then they use the excuse that they have the rest of the year to meet their goal. And then if they don’t make it, they can use it again for the next year’s resolution. I tend to make a general rule of choosing a New Year’s goal of something fun so that I know I will achieve it.

This year I decided that I am going to celebrate life. I am going to enjoy every occasion. I am going to be contented in the simple things of life. For example, this last birthday of mine was the first one I had celebrated in many years and it was great! Usually, I just ignore it, feel depressed, and hope everyone else forgets it, too. This year I celebrated it. I celebrated my life. Also, this New Year’s is the only one I can remember starting the year out the way that I want to live my life for the year. It was wonderful. (But you still have to wait to read the details! Ha!)

This year I am going to celebrate milestones in my life and in my friends’ and family’s lives. I am going to savor the first snowflake that falls from the sky (because I believe it is going to finally snow here, damn it!). I am going to breathe in deeper the fragrance of spring flowers and cherish more the colors of the fall leaves. I am even going to complain less about the summer’s unbearable humidity and have more barbeques on the grill. If I have money, I might even go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans or to the St. Patty’s Day festival in Savannah. And I am even— friends who know me well, get ready for this!—going to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year! That’s right; I am going to ask some very lucky guy to a special outing even if it means catching another plane somewhere to do something awesome and out of the ordinary. I will (at least try) not to view Valentine’s Day as the day the devil trades in his pitchfork and dons cherub wings and calls himself Cupid and guilts us into spending money we don’t have to prove that we love/like one another and pushes us to try to top other couples’ gifts to one another. Oh shoot! That day is coming up next month, right? I better get busy selecting a nice gentleman to dine with. Can anyone out there help me out with a hook up? haha ;)

So there you have it…Outdoorsy Girl’s goal for 2007—to celebrate and appreciate! It may sound too simple or too cheesy, but my last year’s resolution was… No more Vodka for Outdoorsy Girl. As I see it, I’m doing better already. ;)

11 comments:

Scott said...

Sounds like a pretty great goal for the New Year. Can't believe that you can do a day trip to Tuscon. Cool.

Scott

yrautca said...

Got drunk on vodka New Year eve, did we? I am not one for hard liquor. Couldnt keep it down even if I tried. Its a worthy resolution though, although you really did a lot of that in 2006. I am up for an adventure this year myself.

deepsat said...

sounds like a plan!! stick onto it and you will have a wonderful year ahead!!

;-))

SS said...

No more vodka? That's not a fun resolution. I rather like vodka. But, you know, living life to its fullest does sound pretty good. I hope it works out well for you.

As for the V-Day thing... I'm not such a fan of Hallmark holidays myself. But, I do have several guy pals who just landed back on the market. I can send pics and bios ;)

Have fun with your '07 adventures!

Keshi said...

Milestones celebreated in true style. Good on ya girl! HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Keshi.

weatherchazer said...

If I was to ever make a resolution for a new year...yours sounds like a good one.:)

luvwannabefree25 said...

Um.. airplanes land every day at Detroit Metro... about 15 minutes away... hint..

JD ;)

luvwannabefree25 said...

....and.. you are ALWAYS on vacation somewhere.. how in the world are you going to live any better than that??? hahahha...

Have a great New Year!!!!

Jeff ;)

The Grunt said...

Enjoy life! It doesn't get better if you don't:)

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I made a New Years' resolution about 15 years ago that I've stuck with ever since... Not to make any more New Years Resolutions!

Joking aside, yours seems like a great goal...

I'm free for Valentine's Day, by the way!

;)

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Scott...You'd be surprised at all of the really cool daytrips I can pull off! ;)

Yrautca...Yes, last year I was very drunk off Vodka, but I didn't get sick at all. Still I resolved to NEVER drink like that again if that gives you any indication of how HORRIBLE that night was! lol! I'm ready for adventure, too. (As always!)

Deepsat...Thanks! That is the plan for 2007!

SS...Nope, giving up Vodka was not fun. It only lasted for six months anyway! And please do forward the pics and bios! LOL! I know NO single men. :( I might have to cancel Valentine's again. (oh shucks.)

Thanks Keshi! Happy New Year to you, too! :)

Weatherchazer...Thanks for stopping by! I always pick something easy to stick to! :)

Jeff...I will remember that. This makes offer #1.

Grunt...Right on!

RT...Thanks for offer #2. LOL!