Thursday, December 07, 2006

Six Weird Things About Outdoorsy Girl

I’ve been tagged! Almost a year in the blogging world and had never been tagged until today. Normally, I would have just pretended to not have seen it, but the Grunt is my tagger and the Grunt just happens to be one of my best friends in the blogging world, so Grunt, this is for you…(damn you ;)

Six weird things about me…

1. I do not like to eat my food hot. I’d much rather for it to be barely warm…even my soup and coffee. My mouth burns too easily!

2. I have a shoe fetish! I am totally in love with shoes. I pick out shoes first and then an outfit to go along with them rather than the other way around (like normal peeps). I especially love hot boots and I own a nice assortment of hot shoes and boots. ;)

3. I must have smoothly shaved legs at all times! I can’t sleep unless I have smooth legs. I thought that this was normal until I went camping with Best Friend and she looked at me in horror as I tried to dry shave my legs. (No water available in the desert, you know!) “But I can’t sleep unless my legs feel smooth!” I cried. Under her breath I heard her mutter, “Freak!” That’s when I knew that maybe it wasn’t normal.

4. I talk to my cat like she can understand me…on a regular basis.

5. I am so critical of myself that I find one thing about myself that I want to work on and I obsess over it. Before it was my weight. Now that I am down 4 or 5 jeans sizes, I am obsessing over my teeth. I can’t get them white enough!

6. When I wake up in a bad mood, I wear my Oscar the Grouch panties. If I’m happy, I pick out some fun undies. When I take my shower before I go to bed (and, of course, to shave my legs) I see which panties I am wearing. If I am still in a bad mood and see the grouch panties, I can officially declare it a crappy day.

Now I would continue the chain and tag six more people, but I don’t think that many people read my blog. ;)

10 comments:

Tai said...

Yup, you're weird.
But you know I think it's a divine way to be!
I may, at some point, run off with this one.
Cheers!

yrautca said...

Hmmm...I knew 2 out of 6. Pretty good eh? ALthough whats your definition of hot boots?

The Grunt said...

The cat part and the underwear part have me cracking up. Thanks for playing along!

Anonymous said...

I knew about them all except for the underwear one. o_O

Oh, and when she talks to her cat she uses the baby voice. :-P

Scott said...

Interesting stuff there my friend. Shaving the legs in the desert eh? That is pretty hard core.

Scott

tsduff said...

Cute - you were on my list to TAG, but I let the tag go to someone else :-D I remember shaving once near the river when I was camping... it was COLD and didn't work well shaving the tops off the goosebumps... so from then on, when I'm camping, shaving never happens.

SS said...

Oh, I talk to my dog all the time and I am convinced that he DOES understand me... a good deal of it anyway. I don't think that's so crazy really. And, Hubby and I even go so far as to mimic and guess what he would say if he could talk back. Hubby usually does Puppy's voice which, strangely, sounds just like Cartman talking. But, if you knew Puppy you'd understand why Cartman's voice is the perfect voice for Puppy to speak in.

Anyway, you go girl -- talk to that cat!

Keshi said...

OMG I have that smooth-leg-mania too!

but I like warm food :)

Keshi.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I eat all of one thing first, then second... Like I'll eat my veggies, then my taters, then the meat/chicken...

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Tai...Yep, it's the divine way to be!

yrautca...You should know what my definition of hot boots are.

Grunt...You crack me up all the time. Glad I could return the favor. :)

JM...I only talk to her in a baby voice when she is being super cute. We usually have normal-toned(one-sided) conversations.

Scott...Yep, totally a hard core legs shaver!

Terry...Shaving when cold is the WORST! Ouch!

SS...I'm glad you understand me conversing with my child...er, I mean pet. Lucy's voice is very prissy, probably like Zsa Zsa Gabore!

Keshi...Glad to hear I'm not the only leg obsessed freak!

RT...I know someone else who eats that way! She doesn't even want her different foods to touch!