Monday, December 04, 2006

Liar, Liar

Wow! It’s been quite a while since my last post! I’ll bet all of you have been wondering what has happened to me …errrr, well, maybe not! I have been a MIA blogger since my birthday. But that’s not because my life has not been totally exciting since that weekend in Memphis! In fact, my life has reached it’s all time high on the excitement scale!

Does anyone remember the Jim Carrey movie, Liar, Liar? Well, I happened to see this movie just a week before my birthday. In this movie a disappointed little boy wishes that his father could not tell a lie for 24 hours and he blows out his birthday candles. Lo and behold, his wish is granted! Well, if it could work for him then maybe…

So I closed my eyes, and wished with all my might. Oh, how I wish Orlando Bloom was my boyfriend! Then I blew out the candles on my cake. (All 21 of them! ;) )

Just imagine my surprise when I woke up the next morning to Orlando gently stroking my hair and speaking to me in his sexy British accent, “Good morning, baby. Thought you’d like to go on a road trip.” My wish had been granted!*

Let me tell you, we had a blast! First we went on a hike in the desert somewhere. You know, he’s quite an outdoorsy guy! We hiked for miles and miles until we fell asleep under the stars. He’s so romantic! This is a picture of him that I took while we were hiking somewhere in the desert. Isn’t he hot? But you know what? It’s rather cold somewhere in the desert during this time of year. It was like Orlando could read my mind or something when he suggested that we should just fly down to Aruba for some warm weather.

Aruba was awesome! We did some snorkeling and sailing and had some of the most stimulating conversations that I’ve ever experienced in my life! We had so many exciting stories to share and you just wouldn’t believe how similar our adventures are! Like he told me that one time when he was in St. Vincent filming Pirates of the Caribbean, a shark almost attacked him and Johnny Depp.
And one time I when I was hiking alone in the Red River Gorge in Kentucky I twisted my knee! Oh yeah, and he had been to Kentucky, too, when he filmed Elizabethtown! See how much we have in common? It’s almost eerie!

Shortly after the trip to Aruba, things began to go terribly wrong. I mean Orlando is such a sweet guy, but man did he become possessive! He tried to start a fight with every man we walked by. I tried to explain to him that when he and I were out in public together, that it is just natural that I will be checked out! Then he began to smother me so that I had not one moment alone!

But then suddenly, while we were out at an incredibly expensive restaurant in London (you know, he wanted me to meet his parents!) he suddenly dropped on
one knee and proposed marriage to me!** I was speechless! But as I regained my composure and tried to reply, “YESSSSSSSSS”, he pulled out the ring. I’ll tell you the truth, I didn’t like the look of it nor did I like the look in his eye! It was almost as if he wanted to give me that ring to control me! I just couldn’t do it. I sadly had to tell him no. It was heartbreaking but, you know, a girl like me needs her freedom! I gotta be the one to walk in the sun. ;)

It’s been a rough couple of days, but I decided to go back to work today. I’m sure that I will get over this. I just hope that he recovers as easily.
-------------------------------
*
Ok, ok! I’m a liar, liar! This didn’t really happen. I know it was very convincing, but not true. I hope I didn’t fool anyone too much.

And yeah, I’ve got nothing right now—no excitement—nothing! I just felt guilty for being
a blog slacker and leaving you people hanging, so I wrote a filler post. I wrote these lies for YOU, people!

**Just to clarify, if this had been true, I would have said yes regardless of the fact that he wanted to possess me with The One Ring.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you, baby. I hope you will change your mind. I'm so sick of all the plain-Janes of Hollywood like Kate Bosworth and Kirstin Dunst.

SS said...

Wait, didn't you make out with a guy on a plane one time that looked just like Orlando Bloom? I do remember that story and I think it was true. Well, you know, that Kate Bosworth always creeped me out with her two different color eyes. So, if he likes gross chicks like that you really shouldn't be interested anyway =)

Outdoorsy Girl said...

LOL SS! True enough! :)

Keshi said...

I'd say ur too good for that Bloom boy...he's all tinsellish u know LOL!

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Baby, I just can not live without you. Since you left me, I've lost all will to live; the outdoors just do not have the same feel to them without you by my side, my sleeping bag as gone cold with out you there to keep me warm, and the stars don't twinkle the same when you're not watching them with me.

Baby, I promise I can change. Just take me back and you will see.

The Grunt said...

Gee, and you two made such a cute couple. This is kind of like the time that Genie came to live in my home when I was a kid. It turned out to be my imagination.

Scott said...

Classic. I figured you were off experiencing some great excitement. Hope that you are doing well.

Scott

tsduff said...

Nice post. Nice thoughts. Personally I would have chosen Viggo Mortenson though. Looks like Orlando wants you back :-D

yrautca said...

OG, its women like you who turn guys into serial killers. What of the lovely times we spent at the Vortex, the moment you stole my credit card, the moment I memorized your address on your Driving License to stalk you one day? What happened? You ran away with OB, thats what happened.

I hope your kids look like Dick Cheney. There I said it.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Keshi...Thanks girl! Maybe that was our whole problem all along...I was just too good for him. ;)

Grunt...We did make a cute couple, didn't we? Imagine what cute kids we could have had. What a shame! Even if was just my imagination. ;)

Scott...Yes, I'm doing quite well. I'm recovering from this whole ordeal rather nicely.

Terry...Viggo's not bad, but I'll save him for you. ;) I done with dating stars.

yrautca...But you never call me anymore! You've practically forced me into another man's arms! And you told me that you were looking at my driver's license just to see if I was really as old I said because my youthful beauty was so striking. You smooth talker you! But you are planning on stalking me??? That sounds about like the crazy guys I attract. Hmmm...maybe we should work on getting back together. ;) LOL!

Anonymous said...

...and you didnt even get his sisters address and or phone number like you promised you would!! i thought we were friends!!!?? Oh, by the way your 3 year old birthday present was mailed today. ENJOY. Miss you...
"Utah Adam"(the photographer silly)

deepsat said...

i feel u deserve better!!!

;-))

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Utah Adam...Wow...Three years later! FINALLY!!! After all this waiting,I can't wait to see it. :)

Deepsat...Awwww, thanks!

JO said...

I like that you made up the story to fill in your blog... I need to do that more!!