Monday, September 25, 2006

Only the beginning...

Looks like this weekend coming up is going to be a good one. I am going to one of my most favorite places on earth—Savannah! I am not only excited to be going to Savannah again but this marks the beginning of great adventures to come.

Best Friend, the flight attendant, officially moves to Georgia this weekend! The Salt Lake base for her airline is closing down and she is being transferred to Atlanta. I am so happy that she will be here again, just down the road from me. I feel like I will have even more chances to go “home” to Utah with her and I’m really excited about that. (You know, I still have to try snowboarding this winter!) We have also planned numerous other weekend trips. Lone trips are fun, but the ones with Best Friend are even better.

Now I will have someone to go sea kayaking with along Georgia’s Golden Isles. I’ll have someone to hike the 80 miles of the Appalachian Tail in Georgia (from Springer Mountain to Bly Gap, NC) with. I’ll have someone to camp with along Wild Cat Creek with me this fall. I’ll have someone to ride with me to Nashville or do some caving in Kentucky or snorkeling in Florida or rafting in North Carolina with just on a weekend whim. But most importantly, I'll have someone who will drive four hours with me to Savannah just to eat fresh seafood and then come back home.

God, I can’t wait for some gooooood seafood. Also, I am excited about having a new traveler along with us to Savannah. My good friend, Slot Canyon Boy of Utah will be joining Best Friend on her long drive southeast. He’s never been to Georgia, the south, or the east coast. It’s going to be a lot of fun for me to show this Utah boy around and give him the Outdoorsy Girl’s Tour of Savannah. He gets to listen to my true Savannah tales of the American Revolution, Civil War, pirates, ghosts, and much, much more! Plus I will have to show him all the sites of these occurrences. What a lucky guy! (haha) (If you are reading this Slot Canyon Boy, fear not, you will LOVE it. I gave the same tour to Best Friend years ago and now she’s a Savannah junkie, too! ;)

As for me, I am looking forward most to the seafood. Did I mention that yet?

Until later, I wish you peace, love, and crabs, y’all!

Just for fun...Let's play an advanced version of Where's Waldo?...

Can you find Outdoorsy Girl in this photo taken at last weekend's UGA game? Clue: I'm wearing red.

Yeah, it's no wonder that my brother and I didn't find one another in our drunken states last weekend. If you want to stand out in Sanford Stadium, wear orange*.

*(Warning: Bodily damage and/or death may occur with anyone choosing to wear orange in Sanford Stadium, as this is the team color of Tennessee, Florida, and Auburn, the teams we Bulldogs love to hate.)

5 comments:

yrautca said...

Oooooh Savannah - lovely place.

Well how come it seems you are on a break again? Didnt you just get back from the summer break? Man, you teachers have it good.

I do see you in the pic. You are the one holding the beer bong - far left close to the entrance.

Scott said...

That is cool that your friend is moving back. Very cool to have someone that close to do some cool trips with.

Scott

The Grunt said...

We all know that Atlanta is the main Delta airlines hub. Is that who she works for? You guys are going to have too much fun.

SS said...

Oh, I am so happy for you! My BFF moved far away and I miss him dearly. I can only imagine how exciting it must be for you to have your BFF back.

And I do really like Savannah. I've only been once, but I've been dying to go back. Have fun!

Lindsey said...

Savannah is SO beautiful! I'm so jealous!!!