Monday, September 04, 2006

Crikey!

The news of the death of the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is quite upsetting to me. You see, it has completely changed my hypothetical life on a stranded island.

When asked the question,If you were stranded on an island who would you pick to be stranded with?, I put serious thought into it. I was to pick no more than 5 people, so after adding and cutting people from my list, I eventually ended up with this as my final roster:

1. MacGyvor. Because he would be able to catch some type of radio signal using only the nail file in his pocket and get us rescued.
2. The Crocodile Hunter. Because he could protect me from my worst fear--all the scary snakes and other deadly animals that would inhabit a tropical island. He would have to lead me around anywhere I walked on the island.
3. Orlando Bloom. I am not mentioning his uses. Use your imagination.
4. Best Friend. Because I have to have someone to have adventures with and go exploring while we wait on MacGyver to get us rescued.
5. Some other really hot man. Because I am not willing to share Orlando with Best Friend.

I was so satisfied with my list. And now there is an opening. Crikey! Who will save me from the wretched reptiles now?

Also, on a side note, I had planned on bringing plenty of Jimmy Buffett to listen to to warp my mind into thinking I was merely on vacation somewhere in the Florida Keys. Might as well enjoy it since I would only be there for a short while. I still have MacGyvor, after all.

So who would you take? And who should I get to replace the Crocodile Hunter?

12 comments:

SS said...

Seriously, a stingray? They are about the least dangerous animal ever. It's crazy!!

Anyway, perhaps you could recruit his daughter Bindi Sue. She's only 8 now but she's got great potential I'm sure -- unless she starts edging in on Orlando...

Anonymous said...

mcgyver is on my list as well. RIP, Steve Irwin.

The Grunt said...

I am praying that he returns as a crocodile and gets his sex checked on a daily basis.

I would recommend Steve Austin, the Six Million Dollar Man. Either that or Erkel.

BTW, I did go to Outback today and asked for the Steve Irwin special. I really did this, and it really sucked the air outta the room. I suck.

Scott said...

Poor Steve Irwin! I guess it was inevitable. See my post today, orlando bloom lover.

Scott

yrautca said...

I was kind of sad to hear about this incident. I read about stingrays on wikipedia. It seems that as a reflex action they throw up their venomous dagger-like tail.

Anyway, my five people are:

Tiger Woods – hopefully we have some clubs to play golf or else we will have to make some from tree braches
Einstein – I need to know if there is a god
Jessica Biel – for some fun times ;) who needs rescuing now?
Ayn Rand – for that philosophical discussion over wine after sex (with Biel not Rand)
One local guy to do all the dirty work

Anonymous said...

ODG, you can put me on your list. I have, after all, gotten rid of a few snakes for you. Don't forget about the littel bugger we ran across on Lake Russell Trail.

Lisa said...

Hi! I'm visiting from Scott's blog; I see you on there all the time.

I'd fill it with Bill Nye the Science Guy. He'd have the whole island set up so well you wouldn't want to be rescued anymore.

Keshi said...

Stevo's death has me in total shock since Mon and I cried so much. I cant stop thinkign abt him. Such a hold he had on all of us.

I'll never get over the shock, I just know.

Keshi.

Lindsey said...

I'm still really upset over all of this. You have no idea.

Keshi said...

Linny the whole of Aus and the world is still in shock and will be mourning for a very long time. U know I cant even look at his pics or tributes anymore...cos I just start crying!

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, your life seems interesting!

Peace and Love!

Dominic Ebacher
ebacherdom.blogspot.com

Me Myself and I said...

Great list! Though I'd trade Orlando for Josh Harnett.