Friday, June 02, 2006

Leaving on a jet plane...

All my bags are packed; I’m ready to go…

It was quite a challenge to get everything I needed for two months in order. I still feel like I am forgetting something. Maybe I am, but whatever it is I’ll just have to buy in Utah. I don’t think my suitcases could hold much more! I'd take a pic to prove it, but I don't think I can dig out either of my digital cameras! In fact, in what bag did I even pack them in? hmmm....

My flight to Utah leaves tomorrow, June 3, at 12:45 p.m. I have to fly into Newark, NJ first and then take a 5 hour flight from there to Salt Lake. I should arrive at 8:16 pm. Talk about a long day! With all that air time, I could be in London! I guess that’s the downside of flying stand-by. But you know what? I’m not complaining about it. I am lucky enough to have a flight attendant for a best friend and am being hooked up with incredibly sweet deals. We most likely will be relying on some of those sweet deals for our adventures throughout the summer. I am thankful for it.

I will be posting throughout the summer and checking email. I will try to post at least once a week, hopefully more. It all depends on whether or not I can catch a signal with my wireless card on the laptop. If there’s no signal then I will have to rely on—gasp!—a landline access for posting! That will make it not as easy or fast. Plus I really don’t want to tie up Best Friend’s phone line, so I’ll have to write really late at night! All of you out there in Bloggy Land, please keep your fingers crossed for me that I will catch a wireless signal! ;) I am looking forward to sharing all my fun through my blog.

We (Best Friend and I) have added even more to our adventure agenda. (as if we didn’t have enough planned already!) Some major fun is about to be had and some great experiences will be added to my life story. I have never loved my life more nor been more thankful for it. This trip is only the beginning of good things to come. I can feel it.

This summer is such an escape for me. This is for the free spirit in me who hardly ever wins out over responsible Outdoorsy Girl. This is for the dreamer in me whose mind constantly meanders through beautiful places.

I am wondering is it a really a good idea that I have only purchased a one-way ticket? Will I ever want to come back?

So this is really it! It’s time for me to go. The planning is over. I have said my goodbyes to family and friends. I am packed. I am ready.

And so tomorrow I’m leaving on a jet plane. Don’t know when I’ll be back again…

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Have fun and expect a couple of calls from me to bug you. ;-)



Frank Sinatra - Leaving On A Jet Plane

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

I'm standing here outside your door

I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

But the dawn is breakin', it's early morn

The taxi's waitin', he's blowin' his horn

Already I'm so lonesome. I could cry.


[Chorus:]

So kiss me and smile for me

Tell me that you'll wait for me

Hold me like you'll never let me go.

I'm leavin' on a jet plane

I don't know when I'll be back again

Oh, babe, I hate to go.



There's so many times I've let you down

So many times I've played around

I tell you now, they don't mean a thing

Ev'ry place I go, I'll think of you

Ev'ry song I sing, I'll sing for you

When I come back, I'll wear your wedding ring.



[Chorus]



Now the time has come to leave you

One more time, let me kiss you

Then close your eyes, I'll be on my way.

Dream about the days to come

When I won't have to leave alone

About the times, I won't have to say,



[Chorus]

Anonymous said...

I just couldn't resist posting the entire song. :-P

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Jedi Master...Yep, that's the song floating in my head today. BUT even though I love Frankie, you know it's John Denver's version I am hearing. (Anything but Peter, Paul, & Mary) After all, it is John Denver's song. He wrote it!

Scott said...

I hope that you have many great adventures this summer. Remember to keep yourself hydrated while you are out there. I know that it gets crazy crazy hot.

Scott

Anonymous said...

Well, if punkass doesn't want me around, i'll take you up on your idea of moving out to Cali and living in a log cabin. So stay tune.......

SS said...

One way ticket? That's adventerous of you!

It sounds like it's going to be a great trip. Have fun!

Tai said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tai said...

Off you go girl!
Don't look back and have the best time of your life (until the next time of course!)

What's the bear situation like in Utah?
Well, no matter, I'm sure you'll see a few...try to grab a couple of snaps for me, would ya?

Abhishek Almeida said...

I also hope dat u have a amazing n a adventerous summer trips i de years to come, love dis post.

Cheers,
Abhi

Darius said...

Dream about the days to come
When you won't leave us all alone -
About the times
Yoooooouuu won't have to say...

Sorry, I know the tune and couldn't help myself, this is the first time I bump into your blog...

yrautca said...

when are you in Seattle and where do you stay?

Lindsey said...

Good luck! And we most certainly expect the posts.

I lived in Salt Lake City when I was little. Don't remember much but snow and the big Mormon church.

tsduff said...

I hope you stop in and update us every once in a while... Have a wonderful time and will miss you!!

My Bear was looking yesterday at some property for sale in Utah... (in the paper) he is such an impulsive soul. I need to see it first. :-)