Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hiking the slots, Part 2, The Photos!

It seems that the Devil has at last released his mighty grip on Blogger and allowed me to post pictures from this weekend's hikes through the slot canyons. My previous post describes the fun we had. (So don't be a slacker and only look at the photos, check out my written account, too! ;)


Slot Canyon Boy stands beside the entrance to Peek-a-Boo Canyon. It was a high, slick, and scary scramble for short chicks like me.









But how beautiful it was once you made it inside!










Slot Canyon Boy in the very slot that he introduced us to.











Me traveling through the twisted, narrow walls.










Taking a pic with the self-timer before we scrambled back out of Peek-a-Boo Canyon.







Best Friend posing by the swirling slickrock walls. Ain't she pretty?







Making our way around the twists and turns was somewhat of a maze. Can you see OG and SCB?










Me and BF squeezing through the dark, tight passage of Spooky Canyon.









The beautiful and cool Lower Calf Creek Falls. What a relief to be there after hiking the hot sandy trails of Grand Staircase-Escalante.

10 comments:

yrautca said...

Those are great pics. Where is this place? Have you already been to the Moab valley?

yrautca said...

Ok I read the next post and figured out where it is.

SS said...

I'm not being a slacker. I read your last post. But, I just HAD to post here and tell you how beautiful the pictures are! Really, just describing the scene doesn't do it justice.

Scott said...

Wow! Thos are amazing pictures. I definately need to get my ass out there one of these days!

Scott

tsduff said...

I would be afraid I'd get stuck! I've always wanted to go there - such beautiful rocks! Great pictures!

Tai said...

Love the pics!

The Grunt said...

Jimminy Christmas!!! I miss that stuff dearly. I thank you from the bottom of my feet to the tip of my head (heart would have sufficed). O-girl, you cool.

Ekta said...

wow!This place looks so gorgeous!
been so long since I went on a trek...suddenly beginning to miss it so much after seeing your snaps!
Hoping some day will be able to get back in action soon!

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»