Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A little about me and my blog...

I am the friend that all the other friends declare crazy! It's not because I am mentally unstable (for the most part) or because I am emotionally unbalanced (except in extreme situations) but because I am the friend who will hop into the car and drive four hours alone to Savannah to eat fresh seafood and then drive right back home. I am the friend that will tell you that during one week of vacation, I spent time hiking in the Columbia River Gorge in Oregon and then decided to go to Moab, Utah to rent a Jeep Rubicon to drive across the slickrock formations of the desolate red rock desert. I am the friend that will suddenly blurt out of the blue, "I think I will plan a trip to Peru to hike the Inca Trail". I am that freak that thinks nothing of a cross-country car trip. I may be snorkeling the Florida Keys one weekend and trekking through Virginia the next.

Does this really make me crazy? Maybe to most people it does. However, there is one more freak out there that is exactly like me. That freak is my best friend who lives in Utah. No doubt anyone that reads this blog will see that at least 95% of my adventures include Best Friend and me doing something either insane, incredible, or both.

So why do I indulge myself in this insanity? I have discovered that not only do I love traveling and snapping photos in the wild off some long hiking trail, but it's truly the only time that I am completely happy and content. I find happiness in the peace and solitude I receive. I find happiness in the accomplishments I make when I push my limits. I find happiness gaining new experiences. And I, like most people, love to be happy.

I'm not planning to use this blog as my personal diary, though I am sure that I will be posting random thoughts, rantings, and the occasional whining. (I'll try to keep the whining to a minimum!) My blog's primary reason for existence is to share my life-altering experiences and adventures with friends and whoever happens to stop by. Maybe my friends will begin to understand my insanity or at the very least, see the world through my eyes for a moment. And, of course, this blog is a great way to keep my many fans posted!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so cool. I think we should call you Da Freak!

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Two questions...

Model railroading? You kidding me!!!

Where have you been on my life?

;)

Anonymous said...

so i am not one of your freaky firends! :-(
what name do i get?
love your girlfriend :-p