Monday, February 13, 2006

Angel

For my friend S., who is the closest thing to selflessness and benevolence that I have ever known, on her birthday…


In the quiet of stillness her laughter still rings
She was a living angel, not yet graced with wings
Always giving to others; for herself, never taking
Always true to her loved ones and never forsaking
To see her face again, oh, how I would rejoice
Only to talk with her again, just to hear her voice
To step back in time, I’d pay any cost
Just to have for an instant again what I’ve lost
Just for her see that she still means so much
And in her short time, how many she touched
I awake to a life moving forward each day
While in eternal slumber she rests far away
With me she lives in memories of precious things
An angel she remains, graced now with wings


February 13, 1975-August 9, 2001

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a nice thing to say about S, I wish I had met her.

Anonymous said...

very nice... heartfelt... you should publish all of your stuff... it's yummy ;)