Saturday, September 08, 2007

I think I fell into a time warp or something

...because the last time I blogged was forever ago and it seems like just yesterday!

It's no secret that my lust for blogging has faded, but I am not throwing in the towel just yet. I used to blog every other day and now it's once a week at best. Lately, it's been more like every other week. I still have just as much to say as I always did and I am still always on the run to new and fun places, but I don't have as much fun writing about it as I once did. Do any of you other faithful bloggers ever feel like that?

I still enjoy reading other blogs and I still visit the same ones religiously so don't think that just because I sometimes skip comments that I am not reading your blogs. Just because I neglect my own blog doesn't mean I neglect yours.

Now that I have that out of the way, I hope everyone had some fun last holiday weekend. I wasn't able to get very far out of town, but I did catch up on some hiking and visited a couple of local sites that I had never visited before--Panola Mountain State Park and Sweetwater Creek State Park. Panola was kind of boring. You can't even hike to the top of the mountain unless you take the ranger walk only given every so often! But I loved Sweetwater--it was both historic and scenic (two of my favorite qualities when visiting a place). I will post those photos soon.

So now it's Septemeber and my second favorite holiday--Halloween--is fast approaching. I always try to do a trip to somewhere scary and haunted in celebration of Halloween. This year I have at least two fun trips....Wait, let me rephrase that one...I have at least one fun trip and one to a place that I must be crazy to revisit. I am going back one weekend soon to that battlefield on the Georgia-Tennessee border that I wrote about almost a year ago. (It's in my October 2006 Archives if anyone wants to read it.) It's been nearly two years since the night that I lost all courage and nearly peed my pants and I am going back to that place. Peer pressure is a bitch.


I will certainly be blogging about that trip when I go. I am not disappearing from Blogland yet and I am hoping to have many ghost hunting, traveling, hiking, and other tales of adventure to post in the future.

9 comments:

Roxanne said...

I just came across your blog and I loved it... you really should write more! This way I will have something to read :)

Have a great weekend and keep bloggin..

Scary Monster said...

Aww, Girl. You seem to be so busy enjoying life. Don't worry about making us envious about it by telling us about it all the time. Post when ya want and when ya feel like it. This is a great place to wander around and see beautiful places through beautiful eyes.

Me loves Halloween too. Can't wait to hear about yer spooky adventure.

STOMP!

SS said...

Oh I've gone through times like that too - and then I bounce back - and then I go through another "no blogging" spell... certainly I don't post as often as I once did. But, it's all good. You've still got lots to talk about so I'll enjoy reading whenever you do write.

yrautca said...

Yeah so many bloggers have stopped or have become less frequent. A year os so ago we all were really active.

Anyway, I am sure that you will again get in the habit of writing more especially during the harsh Atlanta winters.

deepsat said...

sometimes we all get so busy with things in our daily life!! i am missing blogging myself!!

take care

;-))

Keshi said...

not fair...ur taking me this time! :(

Keshi.

The Grunt said...

I have the opposite problem. I like to blog and loathe reading other blogs--not all, though.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, and seeing your pics, even the ones with you in it. Stay Cool and keep writing. Any nude pics would also help.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Roxanne...Another Ga. chick cool! I will try to get better with my posting!

Scary...Thanks so much! I will be sure to scare all the spooky stuff!

SS...I think you might be going through one of those spells right now! ;) But it's cool. I still know what's going on in your life! :)

Yrautca...We have winters here???? ;)

Deepsat...I am looking forward to you getting back into blogging!

Keshi...Trust me! You are more than welome to come along...or take my place! ;)

Grunt...Well, you're here, so hopefully that means mine is one you don't loathe to read??

E...Haha. Thanks for the tips!