Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Disturbed

I have recently become an addict of the Showtime original series Dexter. I heard about the show but had never actually checked it out until a couple of weeks ago when my roommate and I watched every episode of the first season back to back in three days. We couldn't stop watching it! It is sooooo awesome! It has been torture waiting for season two, but this Sunday, I can finally get my fix! I am totally excited!

It's been a while since I have been so gung-ho about anything on television, but that is not what is disturbing me.

You see, Dexter is a forensics detective in Miami. His specialty is blood spatter. He's out there helping to solve gruesome murders and truly making a difference there in Miami. But that's not the only way Dexter is making a difference. How can I put this delicately? Dexter is a serial killer himself! Wait! Don't go judging him yet! He only kills other killers who have slipped through the flawed judicial system. He's sort of a super hero (in a very, very sick, twisted, demented, evil way)!

I am hereby admitting on this blog before all the eyes of fellow bloggers that I have a crush on Dexter. It had to grow on me. I mean, he is a serial killer after all. Plus I was still getting some gayish vibes from him due to envisioning him (Michael C. Hall) on Six Feet Under, where he played the part of a gay man. But he is hot as Dexter.

Still, the fact that I have a crush on America's favorite serial killer is not the most disturbing thing to me. (After all, y'all did read the part where I said he is sort of a super hero in a very, very sick, twisted, demented, evil way, right?) No, the aspect that has stirred such a disturbance in my little mind is the fact that Dexter looks soooooooo much like an ex-boyfriend of mine! I mean, I have a crush on someone that looks like my ex! Ewwwww! What's wrong with me? I think I may need a therapist.

8 comments:

yrautca said...

Thats not scary OG. We all tend to fall for similar looking people. look at OJ - he exclsively dates Nicole look-alikes, bless his heart.

SS said...

Hmmmm... The one time I found myself attracted to someone who resembled an ex I ended up with a nasty scar between my eyes (long story) and the thought that all guys meeting that description were to be avoided at all costs. Perhaps it's a fluke ;) Oh, but I could see having a thing for a killer... it would make you feel safe in a way... I mean, as long as he's on YOUR side. There might be some trust issues there though...

Scary Monster said...

Me been seein that guys face here n there and me were startin to wonder what it were all about- The smirky, smilin serial killer thang had me spider sense tingling.
Will have to check it out someday when me takes a break from Lilliput.

STOMP.

Keshi said...

** I mean, I have a crush on someone that looks like my ex!

nothing mental abt that unless ur ex-BF was Ned Kelly? LOL!


I think like u too girl...it happens sometimes...


**HUGS**
Keshi.

The Grunt said...

Well, we all knew you needed therapy, but that doesn't mean you can't watch good TV. Thanks for turning me on to this one--even before the post!

Outdoorsy Girl said...

yrautca...I never thought of it that way. I am even more disturbed now, though!

SS...Now that's one story you need to fill me in on! LOL!

SM...Yes, you should check it out. Great show!

Keshi...hahaha! Well, if he looked like Heath Ledger who played Ned Kelly then I say it would be okay. ;) It's good to know I can always count on Keshi to know just what I mean and have similar experiences to share. ;)

Grunt...You knew I needed therapy but didn't tell me??? What kind of friend are you anyway?! And I'm glad I could turn you on...to the show, that is. ;)

Keshi said...

**Well, if he looked like Heath Ledger who played Ned Kelly then I say it would be okay.

LOL spot on babez! So dun worry.


:)
Keshi.

Raymond said...

In my country of origin people get waxed all the time.

Hello my dear. Your writing is something wonderful. Please join me on my path to enlightenment or at least look and give us a chance to comment.

Many blessings,

Akbar