Monday, November 13, 2006

Blah

It was one of those blah weekends. I had plans to hike with my buddy Super Villain on Saturday. We had decided to hike the Panther Creek Trail because it’s got a couple of fun challenges and it’s very scenic. Panther Creek Falls is one of the nicest waterfalls in the area and I was excited about taking on these 7 miles again. The weather looked a little blah that morning and I felt a little blah as I got ready. Super Villain called me to let me know that he was running late. And when he arrived with my McDonald’s breakfast they had given me the wrong thing! Stupid McDonald’s! But I ate it anyway because I was hungry. (Side note: I have been feeling hungry a lot lately. I think I get hungrier when I am feeling blah.)

I started to come out of my blah mood as Super Villain and I drove along sharing some good laughs and catching up on the latest news. In fact, when we pulled up to the Panther Creek Trailhead I was completely unblahtalized. Then I noticed the bright rope blocking off the trail! What!? You’ve got to be kidding me! Blah!

So I continued to drive us past Tallulah Gorge and up to Black Rock Mountain., one of the only 5 or so peaks in Georgia that I can call by proper name. Since we got a later start than anticipated, we picked the short, but very steep Tennessee Rock Trail that leads 2.2 miles up to the summit of Black Rock Mountain. I had hiked this trail before and remembered it to be difficult…but of course I was fatter then, so I figured it would be a piece of cake this time. It was
quite a workout, but I managed to pull it off with stopping only once. But I couldn’t believe I was so winded when I reached the top, with this being only 2.2 miles! Blah! I was hoping that the clouds threatening to drench us with rain would break just long enough to take in the good view from the summit. Usually, there is a nice view of the Wolffork Valley, but we got this view instead…Blah!

And since I have been trying to reawaken my creative poetic side lately, I decided to give it a try and composed these lines…

Gloomy is the weather
Gloomy is the mood
Nothing more I’d rather do
Than stuff myself with food

Instead I climbed this mountain top
To see what I could see
But all I could see when I reached the top
Was that I could not see

So I climbed back down
And drove into town
And there it was that I ended my day
With some greasy food from Chic-fil-a

Pretty awesome, no? Yeah, it sucks. HAHAHA!

In all honesty, it was a good weekend. It wasn’t all blah. The hike was fun. I spent time with my family as we went out for my dad’s birthday. I met Best Friend for lunch in Atlanta yesterday, did a little shopping, and then we hung out at a friend’s house. It is not the weekend that is blah. It is ME!

That’s right…the cheery Outdoorsy Girl has the blues. There is no big problem that I am battling. There’s no one factor triggering this bluish hue to color my life. It’s just a combination of silly things that will pass such as…I can’t even turn on the radio without hearing Christmas tunes…already! I will not
continue to be this Grinchy as I love Christmas very much, but I’m just not ready for it yet. Can't we eat least get through Thanksgiving before reminding me that I have tons of gifts to buy??? And now that the bright leaves have fallen and left everything brown and gray, I am reminded that winter is quickly on its way. On the bright side, I will only mope around until we have the first snowfall—that’s right—I think that we are going to get some snow here in Georgia this year because we’ve been cheated for two years straight now! But worst of all, in less than 2 weeks, I will be another year older. Yuck. Blah. Sigh. This fact does truly suck, but is also a temporary attitude. I won’t have the birthday blues for long because I have got something awesome planned that will chase away the blues—in style! ;)

9 comments:

yrautca said...

Awwww...there's nothing that a burger from Vortex wont cure and I am buying so hop into my truck.

Chic-fil-a...yummy. I miss it now that I can never get it. It used to be the best fast food ever.

Hope you arent feeling blah anymore.

Keshi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Keshi said...

Fast-food do cure many gloomy moods :)

Keshi.

The Grunt said...

Memphis!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Poem! Sorry I couldn't make it too, but I really did have to work on my truck and do some other stuff around the house. Oh and I think we're doing Ghost Hunters at Evil Red's house Wednesday. Call when you get a chance and I'll explain.

tsduff said...

WHAT? Another birthday in the month of November? Me too. You'll be fine - and hope your Thanksgiving is fun as well. Love these pictures, and your funny poem makes me smile. OD gloomy? Never. You always manage to come across as cheerful, happy, and full of fun. really.

Scott said...

Hope that the snow hits you... that always cheers me up in a big way.

I need a reliable hiking partner like you.

Scott

Outdoorsy Girl said...

yratuca...good. Don't forget to buy me dessert this time. K?

Keshi...sure does!

Grunt...Can't wait!!! :)

JM...It's ok. We're used to you punking out on us! lol. ;)

Terry...Well, happy b-day to us! Happy b-day to us! :D

Scott...I'd totally be your hiking partner. And I'm very reliable! :)

SS said...

I love your new word - unblahtalized. Awesome. Anyway, I hope this weekend is a little more cheery (or at least your mood is cheery). Good luck!