Monday, August 25, 2008

Ashes, Ashes, We All Fall Down!

Okay, so is it just me or are these kid statues really creepy? I don't know what it is about it...maybe because they look as if they materialized right from the tree, possibly it's their old fashioned clothes, but most likely it is just because the statues are kids.

Of course, I don't think kids are always creepy. After all ,I work with them. But they can have a certain demonic quality about them when angered and believe me; they can stare you down, too! Besides, have you ever noticed that all the creepiest horror movies either include or center around kids? (such as Damien in The Omen, Children of the Corn, Village of the Damned, etc.) So yeah, I think kids can be a bit creepy...Especially when you happen to notice them late one evening in the darkess playing Ring Around the Rosie while going through the drive thru at your favorite chicken restaurant just across the street ( mmm...Zaxby's!) like I did.

One evening, after a tasty meal at Zaxby's, my roommate decided to join in with the creepy kids for a game of Ring Around the Rosie. By the way, I also find that particular game creepy. Any song about the Bubonic Plague--The Black Death for pete's sake!--has to be a bit creepy, no?



What is funny is that the city actually named this "The Friendship Ring" and considers this deocrative and even plopped a bench or two down and declared this a park. Yeah, this is totally where I want to do to unwind after a hard day at work. Who wants to join me?

5 comments:

The Grunt said...

One of the reoccurring nightmares I had as a kid was one where headless kids were playing ring around the rosies in my backyard.

SS said...

He he. I've missed creepy kids and kayaking - where have I been? I totally agree with you though - some kids are totally creepy. And nearly every childhood story, song, etc. seems to be some sort of reference to something terrible. A few days ago JT and I were joking about what we thought the song Frère Jacques really means. We got really gruesome... especially with the "Are you sleeping" line. I'm guessing there's some tale of creepy death in there somewhere...

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that kids are creepy especially those that dance around the tree, kinda demonic. The real question is, did you run out of stuff to write? Are you out of pics too that you had to take one of your roommate and those creepy kids? I know of a shitzu that loves the camera.

Anonymous said...

Please don't take pics of the shitzu. That would be creepy! You are doing a great job but I do agree with dr. Villain we need more nude photos.

Keshi said...

Creepy kids ha!

come and pick up ur award missy :)

Keshi.