Monday, April 02, 2007

Adventures in Wedding Land

Here’s some shots I took my friend Red’s wedding. Usually I hate going to weddings, but this is one that I had been looking forward to. Knowing Red and her new hubby like I do, I knew that this wedding would be unique and fun. And none of the guests were disappointed!

The wedding was an Alice in Wonderland theme complete with a “tea party” reception. All the guests were invited to wear silly hats at the reception. And, of course, I think my friend Red made a stunning bride. The ceremony was not vanilla-traditional either as the wedding party walked in to Pachelbel in Canon D played in electric guitar and their vows were the ones used in The Corpse Bride. It was great!



This is a shot I got through the mirror while we were all helping the bride get dressed. That darn crenlin was a pain in the arse! But see how happy she looks! We were all having so much fun and sharing way too many laughs.





However, this picture is my personal favorite! The calm bride indulging in a trashy magazine and enjoying a cigarette while her hair is still in rollers. haha. Actually, it was a posed shot because we thought it would be funny. We bummed a cigarette off the hair dresser.

But it's a black and white shot, so it's still classy even if it is trashy! :)


This was one of my favorites of the bride and groom. I was able to snap this outdoor shot between rain showers.










And here's the Maid of Honor all decked out in red. This one of our best friends, La La, who was the only one sweet and willing enough to be the only bridesmaid along with the Best Man. And she looked great!

(Actually, I would have done it, too. But I liked my photography assignment much, much better!)






This is the bride with me. Obviously, I didn't take this picture. Thanks to JM for this one!









See the guy running up in the background with the top hat with bunny ears on? This is the bride's brother sneaking up on the oblivious couple during their photo session to give them a good scare. Loved the hat!




I caught the exhausted bride and her sister Ash hiding out in a corner. I thought this was a cute one of them.







Here I am again with my friend, E., who decided to wear his cowboy hat. Yee-haw! He was a good match for his girlfriend who wore a biker chick hat.



Thanks again, JM, for taking this one.





The Bride and Groom cutting their cake. This cake was cool. It was very colorful and it looks like the top layer is about to topple over. It was very wonderland-ish.







All the fun ended as the newlyweds departed in a sea of bubbles.
They are on their way to Japan right now for the honeymoon. I can't wait to see their pictures.



As for me, I can't wait until tomorrow. In the morning I will be off to sunny Florida with Best Friend. It's not Japan, but what the hay! I think I can have fun anywhere. Luckily, this anywhere includes sandy beaches and clear warm water. I will be back late Saturday. I hope to have some awesome photos to post when I come home. If anyone misses me too much while I'm away, you can go back and read some of my old posts. :) Ha!

9 comments:

yrautca said...

Nice pics. The cowboy's hand is dangerously close to your bosom. You clean up nice OG! So whats the Fl trip about. I dont recall you talking to me about it. Have fun.

Keshi said...

OMG u look absolutely gorgeous in that little black dress!

My best wishes to the couple!
Keshi.

SS said...

Oh, that is a cute dress! I like the little touch of red.

I didn't know you were driving to the keys (I assumed you were flying thanks to best friend's perks). If I had I would have suggested for us to grab a quick bite as you drove through this area. Bummer!

deepsat said...

lovely pics!!! the bride looks so pretty!!!

Scott said...

You look great there, but where is the hat??

Scott said...

You look great there, but where is the hat??

Anonymous said...

You look okay, but where are the pics of you with that handsome asian boyfriend of yours? sup wit dat!?

tsduff said...

Can't believe you are off already. Hope you have another adventure to remember forever :-) T

Outdoorsy Girl said...

yrautca...You must not listen very well! I told you all about going to Florida!!!Next time I talk to you, I'm going to quiz you on what I say! lol.

Keshi...Thank you! I will pass the wishes along to the couple. :)

SS...I drove through Orlando today on the turn pike and I saw the signs to Clermont! I wish that I had gotten in touch with you before I left! :(

deepsat...Thank you! Good to see you around. It's been a while!

Scott...My hat was lost in wonder land! haha. The only hats I have are baseball caps and stocking hats so I opted to stay hatless. haha.

SV...you know I love that hot asian guy, but I didn't want his other girlfriend to find out. ;)

Terry... Thanks! I did have a great adventure and I saw a ton of animals in the Everglades and in the coral. I took lots of bird pics for you. :)