Thursday, August 17, 2006

Stalker Update

I can't believe that I forgot to report an update on my former stalker. For those of you who may not have ever known about my stalker, this was a pretty scary thing for me. It is one of those things that has kept me looking over my shoulder even today. For the whole story, read my post from April 12, 2006.

I do not need to worry about him ever again. I am pretty much guaranteed that he will never bother me again. This story really doesn't have a happy ending, but at least it does have an ending.

It turns out that while I was away hiking over mountains and sifitng through tide pools this summer, Stalker was not having as much fun. The accusations against him of sexually abusing his children proved true in court. He was going to do some real jail time. Instead, he took the easy way out and killed himself. I guess he didn't want to have to suffer the horrible things in prison that other prisoners do to known child molesters (you know...such as giving them a taste of nauseating medicine they served out to the children they abused). Hmmm. That's interesting to me that you don't want someone to do that to you, yet you do it to your OWN children!

I am relieved that those children will no longer have to suffer by his hands and that I do not need to freak out any more whenever I see a green van. Yet the damage is done. I still freak out over vans and look over my shoulder in the store and find myself glaring nastily at "strange" people I now see who are most likely harmless. If there is this strong of an impact on myself now, can you imagine the damage done to the children?

Hopefully there won't be any stalker parents this year in my classroom. (But I am already sick of the psycho-bitch mom who finds it necessary to make sure she does at least one thing to make my life miserable first thing in the morning.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like there's a little gardening in his future. ;-)

Hehe.

SS said...

Wow! That is so sad on so many levels =(

Scott said...

I hope that you are okay. That is a tough thing to go through and the resolution is still difficult even though you know you are now safe FOR SURE.

Take care of yourself...

On a completely unrelated topic: Have you hiked any of the Appalachian Trail?

Scott

The Grunt said...

Wow, I had no idea about this. I will have to read up. I'm glad that you are okay and that this terrible man is no longer able to hurt anybody else.

yrautca said...

Scary story dude. Creeps me out. Hope you are safe.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Saving the taxpayers thousands and thousands of dollars...

People who do what he did are so benieth contempt with me.