Monday, August 14, 2006

Return to the real world...

At last, I post again! I can't believe that it has been so long since my latest post. I think re-entering the real world is taking a toll on me!

I have been back in Georgia for less than two weeks now. My flight home was nice and relaxing. Everything was going well...Then I stepped off the plane. Man alive! I could hardly breathe and my clothes immediately began to cling to my body in sweat. This humidity has taken me some time to readjust to. Other readjustments I have had to make include getting used to living in a forest again...all the trees that surround me and how green and thick our vegetation is. I love trees but after being in the wide open for two months, it's almost claustrophobic.

I visited my mountains, the Blue Ridge, for the first time in over two months yesterday. I decided to make an escape with my dad for some trout fishing in the mountains. My mountains were as beautiful as I remembered...everything so green and lively. Seeing how lush everything appeared, made it hard for me to believe that Georgia suffered a drought this summer...And then I saw my river, the Chattahoochee, or rather what was the Chattahoochee. It was only half its springtime volume! I couldn't find a decent fishing hole, much less the trout! I got only one bite and one chasing of my spinner. I think it was the same trout. (Because I don't think there was enough water to support two fish.)It was still a great day. Then again, anything was great after spending nearly every waking second for the past week in a classroom.

Today was the first day of school. (What a nightmare!) I was tired before it even began as I have been working late for over a week (even on the weekend)to get the classroom ready. Then after leaving my full-time teaching job, I was off to tackle my part-time job at the tutoring center. It was like two first days of school in one! I'm so stressed out! I don't think I can handle this real world nonsense anymore!

I NEED A VACATION!

6 comments:

Scott said...

School started already down there? What is up with that... they don't go back until after Labour Day in these parts.

It was great reading about your trips all summer. We will have to talk sometime about them.

Scott

SS said...

He He -- You need a vacation! Yeah, I'm always like that. I get back from one trip and I start planning the next one. Vacation always seems like it was so long ago, even though it just ended =(

The Grunt said...

Too bad the fish weren't biting. Hang in there!

yrautca said...

Ahhhh you're back. I feel you. It sucks going back to work after a vacation. But you teachers are spoiled since you get the whole summer off while the rest of us have to work. My youngest brother has been fishing every weekend. Next time I am in GA i am going fishing with him.

Welcome back!

luvwannabefree25 said...

You need a vacation? hahaha... you are on a permenant vacation!!

JD ;)

tsduff said...

Yes, there is nothing worse than the first day back after vacation... so very hard to pull yourself back into the real working world once more. You have a lovely bunch of adventures though - and thanks for writing about them. I love to hear your latest stories and see the pictures. Good luck taking the plunge back into school.