Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The itch is a bitch

Have you ever been a tourist in your own state?

Well, I was just a couple of weeks ago. I had a friend from Utah visit me and I showed him the entire state I think. Of course, I had to think of the good spots (or what I would refer to as the "at least mildly interesting places if you haven't lived here your whole life and take it for granted places"). I think I did a pretty good job. I even went to places that were new to me (believe it or not)! Georgia ain't so bad, but I wouldn't go overboard with the gay cliche of calling it "peachy".

I will post some of our Georgia vacation pictures soon so you, too, can come along on the Outdoory Girl's Ultimate Georgia Tour.

Anyhoo...that was fun and all, but now I am suffering the itch. No, not from Poison Ivy and definitely not that! (Those of you who thought of that are sickos! ;) ) Rather, this itch is the Traveler's Roadtrip Itch from which I am suffering. I want to hit the road but I don't know where to. I have a couple of ideas, but then again, some of the greatest roadtrips of all time were experienced when set out with no destination at all in mind.

Best Friend and I were actually planning to take a road trip at the end of this month along with our germophobic friend. It was more of a mission, actually. We were going to drive to Utah to pick up Best Friend's dog now that it seemed, after two years of living here, that she wasn't moving back to Utah anytime soon. It was going to be quite the interesting drive cross-country in a small car with a huge dog (English Mastiff) and a germophobic friend. However, due to some unforseen circumstances, we will not be picking up the dog (yet). That is too bad since I am sure it would have made for a hilarious post.

But the itch has now been aggravated and I want to hit the road to somewhere. I completely understand and agree with the postponement of the doggie transplant, but speaking with Best Friend on the phone yesterday I realized that she was just as let down about the cancelling of great roadtrip also. "Maybe we should still go somewhere anyway," she said. I told her to let me know how many days she can take and it will be done. I can't wait to see what develops.

Now if only a miraculous and extreme drop in gasoline prices would occur!

4 comments:

SS said...

If I wasn't still homeless I would insist you make your roadtrip down to Florida. But, as it stands right now, I'd be leaving you to sleep on the streets once you made it here. Still, I hope you find somewhere fun to visit!

Anonymous said...

S and I just came from Indian Springs state park in Middle GA. It is about 2 hours away and they have a nice lake. It's good for camping, hiking, and fishing. You should check it out, if outdoorsy girl is really an outdoorsy girl.

The Grunt said...

I think you should take up flying and buzz my house. That would be a good trip.

Keshi said...

**Rather, this itch is the Traveler's Roadtrip Itch from which I am suffering

Then do it sweetz!


**But the itch has now been aggravated and I want to hit the road to somewhere

lol ur like me. Somewhere will do for now.

*HUGZ*

Keshi.