Saturday, January 05, 2008

New Year, New Adventures

I am still alive and well. I haven't had too much to say as of late, hence the silence on my blog. This is my adventure and travel place and since that has been limited for me as of late, I haven't had much to share. Actually, for the first time ever, I didn't get to go somewhere that Best Friend and I had planned...Costa Rica.

That trip fell through thanks to some horrible snowy weather out west and a nice little lightening storm right here in Atlanta wreaking havoc at the airport. Of course, I was extremely disappointed, but I thought of the 25 or more paying passengers left behind as their plane headed for San Jose without them and tried not to feel so bad. We have been working on another attempt, but the weekend we have chosen is already beginning to look iffy for us as the plane fills up. Ah, the joys of flying standby to a Caribbean destination in the dead of winter!

We will definitely be going somewhere, though. And when we do, you all will be the first to know!

Actually, this whole year is going to be filled with more challenging adventures than either of us have ever attempted in the past. I am feeling very good and excited about this.

Looking back to 2007...I visited many places within the US including the mountains and deserts out west and the the semi-tropical islands of the Florida Keys. A couple of visits included hanging out with a couple of my blogger friends--rolling through the mountains with the Grunt and Disney World with Sexy Suburbanite. I also went to Europe for the first time in 2007 and explored some of Germany and Austria's most beautiful sights.

I am looking forward to whatever it is that I may do in 2008. Some things I know and am planning but I have found that some of the greatest experiences had were not planned and were on-a-whim kind of trips. I am looking forward to whatever may pop up.

I hope everyone is looking forward to what may come their way in 2008 and I hope that this year will be a wonderful one for everyone.

Cheers!
----------

PS. Cut me some slack for my one month hiatus. I almost quit this blog, but just for y'all, I'm baaaack!

5 comments:

SS said...

Don't you dare quit us! Especially because I KNOW that 2008 will bring you many more exciting adventures and you will want to have a place to record them and share them with the world... Let's toast to that!

The Grunt said...

You are so dramatic--you were gonna quit. I dare think that you could not resist keeping this blog because you need to tell the people about your adventures. You plan to have more of those, right?

Anonymous said...

Don't quit! I love to hear about your adventures and see pictures of places you have been even if they are just a day trip to the mountains.

Scott said...

Welcome back. I have been thinking about the quitting thing fairly regularly but I still seem to come back and put something up.

Enjoy!

Scott

kyamaloom said...

Nice blog.. you've got here!

A very Happy New Year to you. :)

God Bless you.
Happy Living :)