Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Long Time, No Post

So much chaos! No time to blog!

Amid all this chaos, there lie many great things, though. I have many things to look forward to…

1. I am moving soon! It’s sooner than I expected and part of the chaos (especially considering that I’ll be turning around and doing it all over again 6 months later), but it is an overall good thing. I am getting out of a living situation with roommates from hell.

I will miss my garden tub, though. Not to mention that, finally, after three years, some really cute guys just moved into the apartment building next to mine. Just my luck.

2. I’m going to Savannah this weekend for one of my best friend’s (Red's) bachelorette party! Woo hoo! That should give me something to blog about.

3. Red’s wedding is only a month away and I’m very excited about it. Usually, I am not one who gives a flip about weddings, but this one is going to be special. I am going to be her “unofficial” photographer in charge of the more candid shots. Not to mention that Red is going to have us girls’ make up done by a make up artist! I have, of course, had a cosmetologist do my make up before but never a make up artist! I’m really excited about this sweet little gift from Red. The make up artist said that she will give a 1950s Hollywood movie star look complete with the “cat eyes”! Judging by the job she did on Red, I am going to be so beautiful!

4. Red’s wedding kicks off my much anticipated and even more needed Spring Break! I have decided to do some snorkeling and other adventures in the Florida Keys with Best Friend during this time. We were originally going to take the Bahamas cruise that I won, but we figured that even considering the expenses paid by the cruise people, we would still be saving mega bucks by opting for camping in the Keys. I am even hoping to budget in a trip from Key West to the Dry Tortugas. The Dry Tortugas islands are this country’s most elusive and inaccessible national park, sitting some 70 miles west of Key West in the Gulf of Mexico. Naturally, this makes me want to go there. Still, Dry Tortugas or not, this is going to be a blast. It’s been way too long since I snorkeled Florida’s coral reefs and spent some wild time in crazy Key West a.k.a. The Conch Republic! Plus Best Friend and I calculated that flying in to the Bahamas is about a $60 round trip for us. We can go there anytime. And I just might do that! Now what to do with the money saved on this trip? That brings me to #5.

5. I hoping to go somewhere fabulous this summer. Maybe a Euro Trip! If not this summer, then very soon. Until then I can dream about it.

I'll be around to visit everyone's blog soon. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moving will do you good. Anything to get you away from the freaks. Eurotrips are something that a ton of people dream of doing but never get the chance to do. Go for it!

Scott said...

The Keys sound great... have so much fun.

Anonymous said...

I heard your roommates complain that you had a certain wilderness stench about you, I for one can attest to that!!!

Keshi said...

awww moving out of Hell? Well Im glad for ya. Have u found a place?

That bachelorette party wud be great :) Enjoy sweetie!

And Im J that ur going into Spring. Cos its bloody Autumn here :(

Keshi.

yrautca said...

OG, no trip to Seattle on the book? I mean its not Eurpoe but yrautca lives there ya know!

Oh if you need help moving your couch......


........sorry I live in Seattle :)

SS said...

Have you been to the Bahamas before? Yeah, save your $60. Nassau is right up there with Tijuana on my list of LEAST favorite places in this world.

Right off Key West is the second largest barrier reef system (next to the one in Australia) and we went snorkeling there. Beautiful. Well, that is, it was beautiful for Hubby and my friends Bitch and Karen - I got sick on the boat ride over and spent my snorkeling time trying not to hurl. Hubby bumped into a shark there, and then got tangled up in some jellyfish, but it was still really cool. Best snorkeling I've done next to what I saw in Hawaii (WAAAYYY better than all the many places I've been snorkeling in the Bahamas).

tsduff said...

I think you are so cool - traveling with your best friend ... traveling traveling traveling... I admire how you just go for it! It took me years of just staying put (circumstance) until later I could get out myself. My husband did not like to travel much to my heartbreak, so a few times I went about by myself or with my parents (Ireland, Albania, Rome) but I've never been able to just really go without regrets until now. I love to travel, and I enjoy reading your descriptions of events, places you go (remember the ghosts) in Savannah and elsewhere!

My sweetie has been trying to get me to the Florida Keys for ever! One day we shall make it. See it all for me... and please, if you will, check out the bird life for me. :-)

Outdoorsy Girl said...

m-dawg...Good of you to drop by ;)As you already know I can't wait for the move!!! Hopefully, everything will work out so the Eurotrip can happen. We shall see!

Scott...The Keys ARE great! I am so excited.

SV...I could smell like the stench of death and they wouldn't notice. Nasty freaks!

Keshi...Yep, I have found a new home. :) The bacholette party should be loads of fun! :D

yrautca...I really want to come back to Seattle some day. Now, if only I were rich!
So you won't be helping me move, then? Send me some money. That will help plenty enough. :)

SS...That's what I hear about the Bahamas and was partially a reason for the change of plans. I have been snorkeling in the Keys, too, and it was AWESOME, but SO LONG AGO! I can't wait! :)I'd love to try it out in Hawaii as well BUT as you well know (being in my neighbor state of Flordia) that Florida is MUCH closer and cheaper! ;)

Terry...Thank you! You're so sweet. :)
I hope you will go to the Keys one day with Bear. I will certainly check out the birds for you. I am planning on visiting the Key Deer Nat. Refuge while I'm there. (These little deer are under 3 ft. tall and sooo cute! ;) )

deepsat said...

take care and come back soon!!

Anonymous said...

buy facebook likes
facebook likes

http://www.cdapress.com/news/business/article_980d4e52-05d9-5306-8166-02a2f912df2a.html http://my.cheng-tsui.com/node/683/talk?page=3
1000 facebook likes get facebook likes buy facebook likes
I recently bought a laptop over Christmas along with Microsoft 2007 Home & Student and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 (they are both on disc/CDs). Do I still need an internet connection for installing them, like if I was required to activate something online? I know on boxes of both it says if you don't have a CD drive you can install if online, since they give you an activation code. I DO have a CD drive. But I still want to know if I need an internet connection, because I currently don't have one on my laptop.

buy facebook likes 1000 facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]buy facebook likes [/url] get facebook likes